Instructions for adding a guest

Options
Doug183
Doug183
Community Member

I found the article how to "invite a guest" but it doesn't say anything about how the guest installs 1Password as a guest. Do they only run it from the web or can they install it in the browser. Can they download it with the invite I sent?

Also may I make a suggestion? I love 1Password - I have been a customer since the very early days. (Was there a version 2? - I know I was using it before vaults) However as the program has developed in sophistication, clear documentation, describing workflow, has really not progressed. As a long time customer, I noticed this has not been an area of strength with agile bits and 1Password: The switch to vaults is a case in point, a great feature with which I was always playing catch up. Now Families and Team and Personal - still have workflow/clarity issues. I don't bring that up as direct criticism, but only to point out that its a been a long time blindspot that needs some real transformation in that area, not a little change. You have a great product and my instincts tell me you are confusing marketing/education with documentation. I highly encourage you folks to apple a new approach and concerted resources into it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Doug183 - Great question! When you invite a Guest over to join the account, they will go through a similar set up process. We will provide them with a unique account key and they will create a master password. Once their account is set up, they have access to all the 1Password apps under their "get the apps" page. Guest enjoy all the same benefits of being a regular member the only difference is Guest accounts only have access to one vault at a time.

I appreciate the feedback regarding our documentation. Thank you for being a long-time user of 1Password and letting us know where we can make improvements to provide customers with a better experience. Let me know if you have any further questions in regards to Guest Accounts and again thank you for sharing your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.