Three login questions

Options

1) I can't log on to my Citi account whether I’m using my Mac or iPhone and I don’t know where the issue lies, though I do know what happens.

When I click on the link to the account (https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action) it fills in both my username and password just fine, but when I click on the Sign On button nothing happens. In order for it to work, I have to re-enter my username—the same username that appears in the 1PW autofill.

2) When I try to log into my US Bank account from my iPhone 7 (https://www.usbank.com/index.html) I have to hand enter both my username and password. It’s not happening for me. Page one asks for my username and nothing happens when I click the bottom of the phone screen. If I click inside of the username box so that the cursor appears in it, the keyboard pops up on my phone and I no longer have access to 1PW and the key. If I were to type in my username, hit the Log in button the same thing happens at the password screen on the next page.

I’ve seen this happen before with a couple of other logins, but unfortunately I can’t remember which ones. (Where I don’t have access to the 1PW key to access my log-in information.)

3) I use the Wells Fargo mobile app which is great for depositing checks. But, unless there's a workaround that someone can share with me, I can't use 1PW to log on to the site. I don't get the option to call up 1PW and if I log on to the Wells Fargo main site, I don't have the option of depositing checks.

Any advice you can provide on these two issues is appreciated.

Thanks.

Chip

1Password Version: 6.5.3 & 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2 & 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3 & 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, Chip. Thanks for your post. Let me reply to each of these in turn:

1. Citibank is a perennial problem site for 1Password. @brenty is a Citi customer and has shared some tips in the past. Here's a good post where he describes what works for him. Can you give this a try and let us know how it goes? It's possible Citi changed their form (again) or that a different URL might behave better for you.
    2. US Bank's site is using a technique called an iframe for including the sign in form. 1Password doesn't support this kind of pattern. Here's a post where I described this in more detail this past fall.
    3. Wells Fargo has not opted in to include the 1Password app extension. Lots of other apps have, but financial institutions are slower to embrace new things like this. I understand the desire to have 1Password everywhere, and I would encourage you to ask Wells Fargo to support password managers in their mobile app. We have a helpful page you can send them showing how easy it is to implement: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/devoutreach In the meantime, I would recommend using Touch ID (This is what I do for my Wells Fargo usage.) but otherwise you'll need to copy and paste the password from 1Password.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

@jxpx777 Thanks for the info. Regarding each of the items above:

1) I changed the link in my file to the one @brenty listed and it works fine on my Mac but not my iPhone 7. I’m getting the following screen.
    Any ideas here?

2) I found a different link that does allow me to log in US bank: https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login?isWidget=true

3) I will send Wells Fargo the link you posted. Hopefully they’ve been waiting for one more person to ask for the feature and mine is it.

But, would you explain more about using Touch ID with Wells Fargo? I love using it to log on to 1PW on my phone but I’m not sure what you mean as it relates to Wells Fargo.

Thanks.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. I'm not sure about the Citi issue with iPhone. Let me ask Brenty for his input.
    2. Glad that one's working for you now!
    3. Wells Fargo has a help page with a whole section about Touch ID here: https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/quick-guide/
  • RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

@jxpx777

I'll wait to hear back from @brenty to see what he has to say.

As for Wells Fargo and Touch ID, thanks. I don't often find myself searching my bank's FAQ's so I wouldn't have ever thought about this.

I've now made another Note in 1PW listing all of the things I need to do (mostly phone calls) if I ever lose my phone. I shout out 1Password to anyone who will listen to me. You've got a great product that's so easy to use.

Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see that Brenty replied in another thread about Citi. Sounds like you're well on your way to taking more control of your digital life! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.