Account/login lists constantly refresh to top of list

Options
duaneo
duaneo
Community Member

I've had 1Password forever and I have been (and still am) very happy with it. I have been hoping that this strange behavior would be fixed eventually but it's been going on for more than a year, so perhaps it's just me. I did some searching here and found someone else describing the problem, but no solution.

Here are the steps:
open the app
click on search in categories
Type anything

The app appears to be rapidly switching between Best Matches, and the A section of the full list. If I try to tap on an item, sometimes I get the item, sometimes I get the corresponding item in the A section of the full list.
At the same time It seems to be constantly updating it's files, because my dropbox sync starts flashing updates of added and deleted files.

Also in any list, of logins, I am not able to scroll the list. It constantly refreshes to the top of the list.

What can I do to fix this as it makes the app really hard to use.

Cheers,
Duane

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Duane,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It does indeed sound as though something wonky might be going on with regards to sync. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75400/
    • Your forum handle: Duane

in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• tobatobi
    tobatobi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

I had the same problem, I waited because I hoped, it would be resolved with the recent update. But the lists are still autorefreshing and switch to the very top.
    The only way for me to get a single entry is to type it in the search bar.
    IOS is 10.2.1, language German
    1Password is the most recent version.

• duaneo
    duaneo
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostics submitted, support case id number: #ZLS-86433-821

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @duaneo. It looks like Gmail stripped the report from your message, but I believe I know what is going on here. Hopefully we'll be able to get this fixed up soon.

Ben

ref: ZLS-86433-821

• Maupol
    Maupol
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I'm also in the same situation. impossible to search a login ( or all elements) scrolling down the list. Also when you search you get in, but the screen is always trying to update/refresh the page (flickering)
    My version is in Italian. Ios 10.2.1 .
    I send also a diagnostic. kr

• Ben
    Options

I send also a diagnostic. kr

What support ID did you get back from BitBot? :)

Ben

• duaneo
    duaneo
    Community Member
    Options

Any Update?

• Ben
    Options

No. Sorry. It will take some time to develop, test, and deploy a fix. Please keep an eye on the release notes for 1Password updates for a fix. :)

Ben

• duaneo
    duaneo
    Community Member
    Options

I reached the breaking point this morning on my iPhone app when the refreshing caused me not to be able to access a needed password. I found that a solution that worked for me was to export my entire vault, create a new vault and import my logins. It kind of sucks that I had to upgrade my app to pro to connect to the new vault, but oh well, you guys have done well by me over the years, so an extra $10 doesn't hurt. :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @duaneo. Glad to hear you were able to find a workaround.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.