Chrome extension not working (again)

Chrome extension has stopped working again. The only action I can come up with that may have done anything is resetting my broswer (settings, caches, history,etc). I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the extension as well as the software. I've tried deleting any and all related AppData folders.

This happened once before and I was somehow able to get Chrome to reask for authorization and it worked. Can't repeat that magic this time.

IE addon still works fine.

Please help.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @zmhoffman,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password extension.

The authorisation windows with codes should appear after you relaunch the browser. Are you using any kind of antivirus software or other extensions in Chrome that might interfere in the communication between 1Password app and extension?

This is a known behaviour with some AV software, so we have to clarify this before we can rule them out. :) Thanks!

Looking forward to your reply,

Greg

• zmhoffman
    zmhoffman
    Community Member

We are using Sophos, but it hasn't been an issue before. I haven't seen any major updates come through that might affect this and local host is added as an exception.

For addons: AdBlockPlus (disabled), Cisco WebEx.

• Hi @zmhoffman,

Sophos has silently updated twice in the last several months that resets the exclusion for 1Password and it took a lot of people surprised because they didn't do anything, re-adding the exclusion magically fixed the problem. Please double-check to make sure it is still there.

If it is, then please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• zmhoffman
    zmhoffman
    Community Member

That was it. Saved the process for next time. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome, zmhoffman! Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.