iCloud Sync Broken on New Macbook

Options
branweb1
branweb1
Community Member

Got a new macbook pro through my employer. I installed 1Password6 on it and it pulled down my vault just fine. But it won't sync with any of my other devices (iphone6 and macbook air running sierra).

I've verified that all devices are signed into the same icloud account. On the macbook pro, I even signed out of icloud, turned off sync in 1password, and then signed back in and turned sync back on. 1Password just hangs and displays a 'Loading iCloud information...' message.

The air and the iphone have no issues syncing with each other, so I'm a bit puzzled as to the problem. Some of the help threads mention a disparity between 1password from the mac appstore and 1password from the agilebits website. Could that cause my issue? The 1Password versions on my air and iphone were purchased directly from agilebits whereas the version on my work machine (the pro) comes from Casper's self-service app (link). I assume that app pulling from the mac app store.

please help!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @branweb1,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble syncing your data via iCloud! If you're using the same Apple ID on both Macs and your iPhone, it's strange that changes won't sync to or from your work Mac (especially if it synced your vault from iCloud when you first set up 1Password on the work Mac).

As long as you're using 1Password version 6 on both Macs, you should be able to sync via iCloud regardless of whether you use the Mac App Store or AgileBits Store version of the app. But if you're using the Mac App Store version (go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar to check that), you can try installing the AgileBits Store version instead to see if it makes any difference. First, delete the Mac App Store version from your work Mac by dragging it from Applications to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools). Then download the AgileBits Store version from our download site.

After running the installer, go to the Applications folder and open 1Password 6.app. You can choose iCloud during the setup, and it will open a web page where you'll need to sign in with your Apple ID username and password. Once you do that, does your data sync from iCloud?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• branweb1
    branweb1
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG Thanks for the help. Removing the Mac app store version and installing the version directly from AgileBits seems to have done the trick. Could be some quirk with the self-service software my IT dept uses rather than a problem with the mac app store version. Either way, all three devices are syncing now. Thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.