1Password - for multiple devices?

poikkeus
poikkeus
Community Member

I'm kind of confused, so I'm trying to figure out what I can (and can't) do with my 1Password license.

I've had a 1Password license for some time...but it looks like this application comes in three different prices, or flavors.

• The individual license (which is what I have)
  • The 1Password $2.99/month plan
  • The 1Password Families $4.99/month plan

I know this is a big question, but what are the specific features of the three plans? (For example, does the individual license let you sync between multiple devices?) Is there a webpage that outlines the three plans clearly, so I can view them point-by-point?

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 6.53
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud, I guess...

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@poikkeus it appears to be becoming an exercise in frustration to try find easily accessible information which allows direct comparison between the subscription model (now strongly promoted by AgileBits) and the standalone version of 1Password (to which some of us still cling). However, these links may help you:

What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

(Note that does not provide in any detail, specific comparisons, but merely pushes the subscription versions.)

Sync your 1Password data

(That link does provide information about how sync works in the standalone versions of the apps.)

In essence, the answer to your question is that the standalone versions of the apps do enable sync of 1Password data between devices. You just have to think a little more carefully about what and how you wish to sync.

Stephen

• poikkeus
    poikkeus
    Community Member

Thanks for your detailed and user-friendly explanation - as well as links to two 1Password pages I wasn't even aware of. This information also gives me a better understanding of the value of a standalone license versus the $2.99/mo plan.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@poikkeus: I'm glad that Stephen_C was able to help! Apart from that article, you can find a lot of other useful information there too, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.