Bug: Tab and Login Info will not load if tab closed fast

akissz
akissz
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

1password programmers: I posted this bug here, early in 2016 and you said it would be fixed but it is not fixed. To reproduce click 1password mini from web browser, firefox, click any saved site, let new tab open, then close the tab fast before 1password types the login info. Then wait a minute and repeat the process with the same site. The new tab will not open, ever again unless restarting browser. Now without exiting browser try another site, and the tab will open. Repeat clicking site that you closed fast, and tab will not open.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akissz: Thanks for following up on this! To be clear, no one said if or when this issue would be addressed, but the development team is aware of it. However, as you can imagine, there are a lot of other things we're working on, so I can't offer you a guarantee or an ETA at this time either. unfortunately. We really need to prioritize improvements that do the most good for the greatest number of users, so this hasn't made it to the top of the list yet. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I hope you'll understand this in the larger context.

ref: OPX-1166

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member

@brenty
    Ok thanks, I will keep that in mind.
    I will share my 2 cents about priority.
    I think this bug is more important than some major features in the software. Such as in Preferences Panel, if I were a god, I would remove the sections "Accounts", "Watchtower", "Sync to Dropbox", "Sync to iCloud". And simplify the app. I do miss one feature that was available in the older versions 2 or 3 years ago; when you clicked the 1password mini there was a list of your saved sites right there with one click, instead of having to go to Favorites or Logins. Maybe you can re-add this feature and call it "Important Logins" and have that section right in 1password mini, separate from Favorites. I am just sharing little thoughts, being a long time user and bug tester.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! That totally makes sense if you don't care about sync, and we're always looking at ways of streamlining things. Ditching sync entirely and security audit features like Watchtower, all of which many 1Password users rely on, so I don't see that happening. Certainly though if that changes in the future it's something we can re-evaluate. But you're 100% right that if we can find a way to make 1Password detect when you've closed a tab suddenly after using Go & Fill to open it so it can fill on the subsequent attempt so that it can try again, we should. Until then, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. And perhaps a workaround would be to allow 1Password to complete its task before closing the tab — and perhaps finish up whatever you needed to do at the site since you're there already anyway.

Also, the "important logins" idea is interesting. You're right that Favorites are tucked inside a menu, rather than exposing themselves ever time you open the 1Password mini interface. We can't really have it both ways, so for now we've erred on the side of offering logins contextually, for the current URL — sort of an "important logins" for the site you're visiting. But there's certainly room for improvement in the browser interface, perhaps to make it easier to get the logins you need faster, without having to select a match or type a few characters in the search box. Thanks for the suggestion, and for participating in the betas and also here in the forums. :)

This discussion has been closed.