1password keeps asking for master password

Options
Lucar
Lucar
Community Member

Hi, i'm on iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.5.
I see in support forum the problem has been asked more than once in the past, but when solved always was related to touchID. As you know, i've not a touchID on my device, so cannot apply the solution.

So, the problem: also if set to ask master password only after device restart, 1password keeps asking it more often (at least twice a day, some days also 5-6 times). I wasn't able to see a pattern: the short PIN works for a while, but then suddenly the master password request comes back. For example: yesterday morning 1password asked for master (i didn't restart device before). Then for the whole day it was ok with PIN. Tonight i put phone on charge. This morning 1password asked again for master (the device wan't restarted in last 2 days).

My preferences:

• Lock on exit is disabled
  • Auto lock set to 1 minute
  • Pin code enabled
  • Watchtower enabled
  • Clean clipboard: enabled
  • Conceal password: enabled

In advanced preferences:

• ask for master password after device restart

In system preferences:

• ask for PIN after 15 minutes

There's something i'm missing? Thanks for your help.!

Attached the relevant screenshots

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lucar,

Sorry for the trouble.

ask for master password after device restart

Try setting this to "never," restart your device, and then set it back to "after device restart."

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Lucar
    Lucar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben ,
    done. Will keep you informed.
    Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• Lucar
    Lucar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again, @Ben .
    Yesterday everything was ok: never been requested master password anymore (checked every now and then).
    But, once left alone my iPhone all night long (~10 hours), this morning 1password asked again for master password. Of course device wasn't restarted. And i'm not jailbroken, so there aren't tweaks that can conflict.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lucar,

But, once left alone my iPhone all night long (~10 hours), this morning 1password asked again for master password. Of course device wasn't restarted.

Did the device itself allow you to unlock with Touch ID? Or did it ask you to unlock with your PIN/passcode?

Ben

• Lucar
    Lucar
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi, @Ben,
    I have no touchID (iphone 4s), so device always unlocks with pin (every 15 minutes, see pics in post #1) or simple slide to unlock (if time< 15 minutes). Device did ask for pin since it was left alone for hours, but it should be normal.

• Ben
    Options

Ah yes my apologies, you did mention that in your opening post. Mea culpa. I asked as I have seen, on my own devices, where after an extended period of inactivity the device will prompt me to unlock using my PIN instead of Touch ID. It acts as if the device has restarted, though there is no reason I know of for it to have done so. Perhaps it did, or perhaps Apple has its own inactivity timer that I'm not aware of for authentication.

I think the best we can do at this point is take a quick look at a diagnostics report to ensure that A) your settings are set as expected, and B ) there is nothing jumping out in the logs about why this might be happening.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone 4s:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Lucar
    Lucar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben ,
    sent: my support ID is [#AYT-16952-798].
    Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. I replied via email. Let's keep the conversation moving there. :)

Ben

ref: AYT-16952-798

This discussion has been closed.