1Password Android app is not showing Additional Fields that are visible in the 1Password macOS app

Options
jameswthorne
jameswthorne
Community Member

Hey folks,

I'm using the following two, fully purchased versions of 1Password:

• 1Password 6.5.1 for Android
  • 1Password 6.5.3 on macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Dropbox is the backend sync for both apps.

The 1Password Android app is not showing Additional Fields that are visible in the 1Password macOS app.

In this particular situation, I have a section title "Contact Information" that contains items "phone (local)" and "address". The "address" field does not show up on the Android app but it does show up on the macOS app.

I have tried removing and re-adding the "address" item from the macOS app, closing and re-opening the Android app for a re-sync, but the problem persists.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jameswthorne: I can't off the top of my head think of what might cause this issue, and while you provided a lot of great information (thank you!) there are a few more details I'll need to be able to test this and (hopefully) figure out what's going on:

• What type of item is this?
    • Is it only happening there, or is that just one example of many?
    • Did you create this item on the Mac originally or just edit it there?
    • Do you have any idea which version of 1Password it was created with?
    • Which vault format are you using, AgileKeychain or OPVault?
    • Just to clarify, is this all custom sections/fields you've created ("Contact Information", "phone (local)", and "address"), or only the "address" field which you created manually?

We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• jameswthorne
    jameswthorne
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hey @brenty,

• What type of item is this? Credit card
    • Is it only happening there, or is that just one example of many? This is the only example I have come across. However, I just added an "address" field under section "Contact Information" on another Credit card item from the macOS app, and the entry does not show up on the Android app after a re-sync.
    • Did you create this item on the Mac originally or just edit it there? Created on macOS app originally.
    • Do you have any idea which version of 1Password it was created with? This particular Credit card item was created on August 22, 2016 in the macOS app, so whatever the latest 1Password macOS app was then.
    • Which vault format are you using, AgileKeychain or OPVault? OPVault.
    • Just to clarify, is this all custom sections/fields you've created ("Contact Information", "phone (local)", and "address"), or only the "address" field which you created manually? The "Contact Information" section is part of every new Credit card item. I am simply adding an "address" field under the "Contact Information" section and using the three dot button to classify the "address" field as address information.

Also of interest, it does not look like I can add fields to an item via the Android app, so I can't test if adding the "address" field via the Android app causes the "address" field to show up or not on the macOS app.

Additionally, if I try to edit the particular problematic Credit card item on the Android app, I do not see an "address" field under the "Contact Information" section.

• Thanks for the additional information @jameswthorne! This is a known bug where custom address fields don't get synced on Android, which is why you're not able to view custom fields of that type. I'll go ahead and forward your feedback regarding this to our team.
    ref: OPA-642

• jameswthorne
    jameswthorne
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @peri! Glad to hear it's a known issue.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• No problem @jameswthorne! I'm glad I was able to help!

This discussion has been closed.