Using 1Password on iPhone SE

Options
sjaffe
sjaffe
Community Member

I just purchased an iPhone SE. I've downloaded the 1Password app from the app store, installed it according to instructions, and synced it using Dropbox (so it uses the same vault as on my Mac and Android tablet). The problem is, I can never seem to fill in the password any time an app other than Safari asks for it. Honestly, I haven't tried Safari yet so it may fail there too. But, when I went to change settings, and it asked for my Apple ID and password (stored in the vault) I couldn't fill it. Same with iTunes. Same with the other apps on the phone. Having 1Password on it is kind of useless if I can't use it to fill the 10-characters of gibberish that constitutes my Apple ID password (which I can never remember because it is gibberish) whenever the phone asks for it. Is there some set-up step that I'm missing? On the tablet, I had to install a special keyboard and do some other fiddly things I don't remember now.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sjaffe

iTunes and the Apple website will not work, unfortuntely. You'd need to copy & paste from 1Password to work with those. As for 3rd party app support, we have a list of apps that have added the 1Password extension here:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

A keyboard for iOS is not a possibility like it is for Android as the operating system does not allow 3rd party/custom keyboards in password fields.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.