v6.5.2 crashed while moving logins across the vaults

Options
Dominik_Skorka
Dominik_Skorka
Community Member
edited February 2017 in iOS

Hello,

On my iPad pro 9.7 I tried to move one login item from personal vault to another one named X. 1Password crashed during this operation. When I launched it again a message popped up giving me a choice of sending a crash report. Unfortunately the application crashed immediately after. So, this way I falled into a crash-loop and I wasn't able to work with 1Password any longer.

Then I took my iPhone and launched 1Password. I switched from personal vault to X and I noticed two exactly the same login items there. This was the login item I tried to move across the vaults on iPad plus a clone of it. I'm not sure if the login had been there before I tried to move it from personal vault though.

When I deleted one of them then I was able to run 1Password on the iPad. This way I escaped the crash-loop situation.

Regards,
Dominik

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS v10.2.1
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, Dominik! I'd love to get our developers the crash logs from this event. Please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75504/
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• Dominik_Skorka
    Dominik_Skorka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, this is support ID [#XYE-42788-917]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thanks @Dominik_Skorka. I've forwarded the crash log on to our development team for their review. Much appreciated!

Ben

ref: XYE-42788-917

• ag_kevin
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Dominik_Skorka ,

Thanks for sending in the crash report! This is a known issue and should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Edit: actually, I may have spoken too soon. I'll reply to your email to get more information.

This discussion has been closed.