Portuguease Tranlation

Options

I came here almost 1 year ago asking if there was a Brazilian Portuguease translation. I was led to believe that helping at the crowdsource translation platform would get it done, since the quote bellow came from one of your employees.

Once the translation is complete, it needs to be vetted and approved (the more eyes, the better, since it won't be something we can verify ourselves — that could be awkward). But every bit brings us a little bit closer to that goal.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/35541/portuguese-brazil-support-for-1password-for-windows-planned-for-a-future-update

Also, in May 2016, the Translation was done and verified. However it never got integrated into the software, regardless of the community reminding the company through the proper channels, as can be seen here:

The sad thing is that i don't even care anymore, i just wish you guys didn't raise expectations regarding objectives you did not intend to finish. Now, 1 year later, the company is working on 1password 6 and 1password 4 translations won't be of any help.

So basically, i felt used and somewhat betrayed by a company that i used so much to love. Of course, my father still has to keep using it and calling me whenever he needs assistance since he doesn't understand English. But my using and my recommendations about the company dies here.

Goodbye.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @josefs0n,

Thanks for writing in.

I'll check in with our team on why it is not implemented in 1Password 4, I believe it is the same reason Russian and Chinese are not implemented, 1Password 4 does not support unicode characters as it breaks the UI. If that's the case for Brazilian-Portuguease, we can't add it to 1Password 4.

We were going to upgrade 1Password 4 to support unicode but it didn't work out. Instead, we're building 1Password 6 that is fully unicode-friendly, which means we can reuse the translations that are done in 1Password 4. It is not true that 1Password 4 translations wouldn't be usable, Crowdin matches all existing translations per text string, not per 1Password version.

We do apologize that this didn't work out the way you wanted and we should've done a better job of informing our translators about the unicode issue. We're going to try to update everyone about 1Password 6 and its translation support soon.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @josefs0n,

Just an FYI, we've shipped 4.6.1.619 with the Brazilian-Portuguese translation, it is not perfect but it should be usable.

This discussion has been closed.