To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how do i tell if i have a family account - app store purchase

Options
Lennox1
Lennox1
Community Member

how do i tell if i have a family account? - It was originally an app store purchase.

I am trying to add my wife on

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i tell if i have a family account

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lennox1 - Thanks for getting in contact. When you bought 1Password on the App Store, you bought a license for one person. If you want to share your 1Password data with your wife, this would normally require a second license for her. It also means you will have to set up sync yourself. Are you comfortable doing that?

If not, there's an alternative: You could setup a Family account with our subscription service. You wouldn't need to buy a second license for your wife (all apps are included in the subscription price), sync is automatic, and sharing items with your wife is really easy and secure. The new account comes with a 30-day trial period, so you can test it and see if it's for you.

I hope this information helps. Let us know if you need any help getting set up! :)

• Lennox1
    Lennox1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Roman, will I effectively be buying everything again? Is my license a lifetime license? Thanks

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lennox - Licenses are never for a life-time, they're usually tied to a major software version. 1Password 5 and 6 were free updates, but new major versions usually require a paid upgrade.

What you pay for when you subscribe is using the service. We have operational costs to provide it, especially when it comes to storing, syncing and sharing your data with family members. The subscription fee covers these costs. We also offer features that are unique to the subscription service.

A single license for 1Password is $65 (which you'd need for your wife), which also gets you more than a year of using 1Password for both of you.

Let me know if you need any more information. I'll be happy to help you! :)

• Lennox1
    Lennox1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you I see that you answered here. I have the license and respect that the company needs to stay viable. Its unfortunate that I have to shop around again. I feel for our use there are other options that provide better value.

• Hi @Lennox1 - Thank you for the constructive feedback. If interested, like @roman mentioned, you can give 1Password Families a try. We include a 30 free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features before having to pay for anything. We'll be more than happy to help out with any further questions. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.