To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not accepting Master Password. ("Invalid Password")

Options
magicmiles
magicmiles
Community Member

I'm having a peculiar problem:

When I try to login to 1password.com, I get > "Invalid Password".

Yet, when I login with the same password via the app on MacOS or iOS the password is accepted.

WTH ?

Obviously the master key is correct, the master password is correct, and the email address is correct. However, the password ? Is correct from the app's perspective and the iOS and mini-browser perspective, otherwise I wouldn't have access to my vaults. However, from the website, I can not login. :-(

I'm posting this here because it's not clear where I should post this, is this an account issue, or a browser issue, a website issue, or an app issue ? It's none of them really. I started down this pathway so that i could BUY a subscription for the year...so therefore, I concluded that this is an 'account' issue.

Thanks.

Miles.

1Password Version: Version 6.5.5 (655000)
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @magicmiles - Thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you were using 1Password prior to signing up for an Individual account. When you signed up for the Individual account, did you create a separate master password? I believe this might be the issue. The original master password is connected to your Primary (local) vault which is why you can still unlock the apps. When you try to log into your Individual account online, it's asking you for the master password you created during the sign up process. Let me know if this sounds accurate and if you can remember the second master password you created. Keep me posted :-)

• magicmiles
    magicmiles
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Ok @Frank, I tried the original master password and that failed.

Is there a way to reset it ?

• Hi @magicmiles - Sorry to hear about that. During the sign up process, did you create a secondary master password for your Individual account? We don't store account keys or master passwords since it would compromise the security of our users. We don't want anyone to have access to the keys to your account, including us, therefore we can't reset this if lost or forgotten.

Do you have access to all your data within 1Password on your Mac?

• magicmiles
    magicmiles
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Yes @Frank I have access on my mac/ios via the desktop app/ios app. I just can't login via the website 1password.com.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/n3/5j1hj8czlcef.png

• Thank you for confirming @magicmiles - If you can't remember the master password for your Individual account and you can still access your data from your Primary vault, the only solution will be to delete your current Individual account then re-create a new one using the same email address. Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

• magicmiles
    magicmiles
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Gosh @Frank that sounds so easy ... WHERE DO I DELETE THE ACCOUNT ?!?!???! A link would be helpful.

• Hi magicmiles - I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. At your earliest convenience, reply back to me and we can continue the discussion over there. Enjoy the rest of your day!

ref: LKX-24523-294

This discussion has been closed.