Enabling cookies for just one site

Options
knick_point
knick_point
Community Member

using an iPad Pro. my bank requests i enable all cookies to use their on-line banking site. how do i do that for just their site?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my bank wants me to enable all cookies. how do i do that for just them?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @knick_point,

There are no settings regarding cookies within 1Password itself. It is not possible to change this setting on a per-site basis on iOS. The only settings are under Settings > Safari > Block Cookies.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• knick_point
    knick_point
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, This is what I surmised but wanted to make sure.
    I'll work this through my bank's IT wonks. It's ironic they insist on allowing all cookies. They're obnoxious as all *?:",)&$!! in the name of "providing the upmost attention to my privacy and security."

• Ben
    Options

While that is a lofty goal, unfortunately many banks do things they think are best for security, but really add no discernable benefit, or are actually a detriment.

For a long while one of the banks I interact with only allowed a maximum of 8 characters for a password. Crazy. When I asked them about this they indicated that passwords were just one layer of their security. Yeah, of course, but that isn't an excuse to have that layer be so weak! lol

Ben

This discussion has been closed.