To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't sign into account - I HAVE all the info in Emergency Kit

Options
Art Levit
Art Levit
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Memberships

Not long ago, I registered for 1Password Account. I have my "sign-in address", my "account key,", my email address, and my master password for 1 password. I am trying to add the account to 1Password via the Preferences menu on a Mac mini which until now has used Dropbox sync without any problems. But my latest file is only available in my 1Password account.

I get a message saying: "The email address or Account Key are incorrect. The Account Key should start with Removed
This is NOT the account key I was given when I set up this account. The account AS PREVIOUSLY SET UP works on my mobile devices (iPhone6 and iPadAir2) and on my other Mac.

I have a screen grab with some of the Account Key erased so I can send it to you securely.

AgileBits - I'm sorry but this is a hassle. I wish I'd just stuck with Dropbox sync. I've spent too long on this issue, the simplicity of 1Password has been broken for me.

1Password Version: 6.5.5
Extension Version: 655000
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:can't sign in to account

Comments

• Hi @Art Levit - Thank you for reaching out to us. I think I understand what the issue is so thank you for including the screenshot. I had to remove it since this is a public forum and it contained private information.

Make sure you using the url domain - https://my.1Password.com - when setting up the account. The previous url domain you were using was for your Families account - the original account you started out with before creating an Individual account. Let me know if that worked for you or if you have any additional questions. Sorry again for the troubles. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.