Vaults are visible in 1Password app on Mac but not visible at 1Password.com

JudySteveR
JudySteveR
Community Member

I'm working through getting 1Password set up on my MacBookPro as a first step toward a Families subscription. I started with the 1Password app (been using it for several months) and recently got an account at 1Password.com, which I added to the app. When I look at 1Password -> Preferences -> All Vaults, I see all the vaults I've created [Primary, Professional/Work, and {Personal, Shared}]. However, when I log onto 1Password.com with a browser, all it shows is {Personal, Shared}. Somehow it seems that the app is not syncing the {Primary, Professional/Work} vaults. I am under my trial membership.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra / 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Vaults are visible in 1Password app on Mac but not visible at 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @JudySteveR - Great question and congrats on the new Families account. In order to view the data associated with your local vaults, you have to migrate your existing data over to your new account. I will include a helpful link below that will guide you through moving your existing data over to your new vaults associated with the Families account -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

For instance, open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list > Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Move.

Now all your existing data should reside within your Personal vault. I hope this helped and sorry for the confusion. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help.

• JudySteveR
    JudySteveR
    Community Member

With one wrinkle (**) this worked as needed. Thanks much.

**The 1Password app on my Mac doesn't have any "Switch to Vault" menu item, though it does have a drop-down menu that is effectively the same. Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm using 1Password 6.

• @JudySteveR : yes, the drop down menu in the main window does the same thing. The "Switch to Vault" menu item is actually under the 1Password 6 menu item. I had forgotten that that existed until I just did a search for "Switch to Vault" in the help menu to help me find it.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.