OK Going again after 2 days of failed to connect to mini but still get RED EXPIRED MESSAGE

Options
Glen
Glen
Community Member

OK Going again after 2 days of failing to connect to 1PASSWORD mini but still get RED EXPIRED MESSAGE. I trashed the old version and downloaded the new BETA (which I was unfortunately using). Safari 10.0.3 OS X 10.12.3.

What do I need to do to correct message? Message says TRIAL expired click here to buy.

I have been a 1PASSWORD user for over 2 years now!

1Password Version: 6.6.1 BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Glen
    Glen
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I have now noticed that - while I can now log in to 1Password in Safari and Firefox, 1Password does not always preload my username and password.... I must copy the password in 'edit' mode and then paste it in manually.

So, I now have issues besides the expiration message in red which is telling me to buy the product due to expired trial!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Glen,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with a 'Trial Expired' message! That message could be referring to the app itself, or it could be referring to a 1Password.com account (if you signed up for one). Please take a look at this knowledgebase article for more information: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

I tried searching our license system for the email address from your forum account but couldn't find any licenses for you. If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac from the AgileBits Store with a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site (or from the above knowledgebase article).

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, you'll need to reinstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased section.

On the other hand, if the 'Trial Expired' message is referring to a 1Password.com account trial, you can tell by opening 1Password and going to 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Do you have an account listed there? If so, click on it - does it show a message about being in trial mode?

If you're not sure whether you bought a license or signed up for a 1Password.com account, please send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com in case we need any information (like a name, email address, receipt, etc) that shouldn't be posted on these public forums. Please also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots" when we receive your message. Thanks! :)

• Glen
    Glen
    Community Member
    Options

... purchased from Mac App store a few years ago. Everything went haywire when I downloaded your latest BETA version. Thanks I will try and reload the app from the App store with my Apple ID. Should I first move the current version to the trash?

• Glen
    Glen
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure about the purchase, but it's been years that I have run this software.... I have sent an email to check on my license. Like I stated before this all started with the latest download of your Beta software for the Mac.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Glen,

As far as licensing/app registration goes, the beta version available on our website works the same way as the stable version from our website, which means it normally requires either a 1Password for Mac license file or a 1Password.com account for activation. However, if you have (or had) the Mac App Store version installed on that same Mac, the website version should detect that and activate itself. It's possible the beta version was unable to detect that on your Mac.

In that case, all you should need to do it re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store, open it once (it will be "1Password.app" in the Applications folder), then quit it by holding down the control key and selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu. Open the website version again ("1Password 6.app") and it should activate itself.

If you're able to do all that but the website version still shows a message about the trial, please go to 1Password > License in the menu bar. In the window that opens, do you see anything about a trial or adding a license file, or does it thank you for supporting 1Password?

• Glen
    Glen
    Community Member
    Options

As I stated before, I have sent an email to check on my license. No one has contacted be about this yet. How and when will I hear from them?l

• Hi @glen,

I sent you a reply after looking in our records.

Rudy

ref:RYH-94675-426

• Glen
    Glen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to Rudy and Drew for your all your assistance from Agilebits.... I ended up reloading from a Time Machine backup and suggest others follow this method if they are still struggling with this issue. I still believe that it is a great product!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad it's working for you now! I hope it all continues to work well from now on, but please let us know if you run into more problems or have any questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.