restore purchase not working

denbarth
denbarth
Community Member

Ok. Restore purchase to unlock pro features not working on my iphone. I have read the forums and tried, I think, the process used to fix this issue:

I have two apple ID's - the new one using an email address, the old one back before email was required by Apple for an ID. So I've tried both ID's: on the phone, first logging into itunes & App store using each ID, then deleting 1 Password off the phone, then installing it again, linking to Dropbox. With both ID's, I still get the same error: in app purchases not allowed, followed by Purchase failed...

Does it matter if the installation is via iTunes rather than via the App Store app on the iPhone? I am installing 1Password for iOS via iTunes on my Mac, which is logged into the new ID. I believe I used the new ID when purchasing 1 Password for iOS. At least iTunes lists it under purchases when I am using the new ID with iTunes.

So... what next?

also, another thing I noticed: on my Mac, 1 Password shows 596 "all items." But on iOS, it is only showing 298 items. What's that about?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.2.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:restore purchase not working

Comments

• Hi @denbarth,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

That is the error message you'd get if you had parental restrictions turned on for your device. Please try turning restrictions off:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

also, another thing I noticed: on my Mac, 1 Password shows 596 "all items." But on iOS, it is only showing 298 items. What's that about?

If you add a new item on the Mac does it appear on the iOS device, and vice versa? If not then you'll need to configure syncing:

Sync your 1Password data

If it does then the counts are inaccurate. Please make sure you're using the latest versions of both products.

Thanks.

Ben

• denbarth
    denbarth
    Community Member

Ben, I got the pro features working, but with one quirk. I turned off parental permissions. Then the error message was: no purchase associated with that ID. So that told me it was my old Apple ID that was used for the purchase. So switched to old ID, deleted, reinstalled through iTunes (which is logged into my New ID on my Mac) ... and it didn't work.

So I deleted and reinstalled by downloading through the App store on the iPhone - still using the old ID. And ... it worked.

Also, once the pro features were enabled, the all items count matched. I knew syncing was working. All the versions were the latest. So it must be that when using the free version on iOS, the item count doesn't read correctly in my case.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for the update @denbarth! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.