App slowing down iphone

Options
paulalange
paulalange
Community Member

I have had the 1Password app since I got my first iphone and it has been transferred to each subsequent phone. It was a free app. I have been happy with it. However recently off and on when using the app on my iPhone I get a message that this app is slowing down my phone. I can't remember for sure, but I think it recommends changing to a new app. I have done any updates recommended. Am I missing something? Is it because I have an old free version? Is it hurting my phone? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @paulalange

Thanks for taking the time to write in. If you're still using 1Password 3 for iOS then you would likely be seeing a message like this.

v3 was retired in 2012. In order to use 1Password on operating systems iOS 11 or newer you will need to upgrade. Failing to do so, and upgrading to iOS 11 when it becomes available, will cause you to be locked out of your data (as the app won't run, and can't migrate if it can't run).

You can find more information on that here:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.