Problem drag&drop a mail from Airmail doesn't work - still.

Options
MrBrillo
MrBrillo
Community Member

Guys - can you please re-open the discussion that refers to the bug report that was filed last April 2016, because you haven't fixed it. Dragging.dropping from Mail into the attachment section works fine. But not so with Airmail 3.

OPM-4043 refers.

Can you please fix this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrBrillo,

Thanks for writing in to ask about that issue! As for the other forum discussion you mentioned, we rarely close threads here manually, but the forum software closes them automatically after a certain period of inactivity. There's no need to reopen it, as we're happy to continue the conversation here in this new thread. :)

The bug report for that issue is still open, and I'm afraid I don't have any new information about it. However, that issue prevented dragging/dropping a message directly from both Mail and Airmail to the attachment field of an item in 1Password. If it works for you when dragging from Mail but not from Airmail, it might be a different issue (although possibly with similar results).

To help us figure this out, can you please let us know some more details:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Are you trying to drag an email message to 1Password, or an email attachment? Is it a problem with one or both of those?
    • What happens when you try to drag something directly from Airmail to the attachment field in 1Password? If you receive an error message, what does it say?
    • If you drag the message or attachment from Airmail to the Desktop first, can you then drag it from the Desktop to the attachment field in 1Password?

Thanks in advance! :)

ref: OPM-4043

• MrBrillo
    MrBrillo
    Community Member
    Options

What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    Are you trying to drag an email message to 1Password, or an email attachment? Is it a problem with one or both of those? - drag the entire message from Airmail into 1Password. Airmail attachments drag and drop fine, and surprisingly fast.
    What happens when you try to drag something directly from Airmail to the attachment field in 1Password? If you receive an error message, what does it say? Dragging an Airmail message results in the coloured beach ball spinning - about 10-15 seconds, before the dragged item then flies back into Airmail.
    If you drag the message or attachment from Airmail to the Desktop first, can you then drag it from the Desktop to the attachment field in 1Password?
    Airmail doesn't allow dragging/dropping of messages to the desktop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrBrillo: Thanks so much for those details! I've added them to the bug report. However,

Airmail doesn't allow dragging/dropping of messages to the desktop.

This sounds like it might be the source of your problem. If messages/attachments aren't being made available by the app to drag and drop to the Desktop, I can't imagine how 1Password would be able to get them.

Also, can you clarify something for me? You wrote:

drag the entire message from Airmail into 1Password. Airmail attachments drag and drop fine, and surprisingly fast.

and

Dragging an Airmail message results in the coloured beach ball spinning - about 10-15 seconds, before the dragged item then flies back into Airmail.

I'm having trouble reconciling these statements. At first, it sounds like you are able to drag an a message from Airmail to 1Password. But then you seem to contradict this. I'd appreciate it if you'd help me understand what you meant. Thanks in advance!

• MrBrillo
    MrBrillo
    Community Member
    Options

You asked:
    "Are you trying to drag an email message to 1Password, or an email attachment? Is it a problem with one or both of those?"- two questions in the same sentence.

I responded to the first part of your question: "drag the entire message from Airmail into 1Password" as the answer. The second part of your question referred to attachments, where I responded: "Airmail attachments drag and drop fine, and surprisingly fast."

Trust this clarifies.

I've also logged a support issue with Airmail on their dragging/dropping issue to the desktop and 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the clarification - and sorry for the confusion about that!

As Brenty said, if you're unable to drag & drop messages from Airmail to the Desktop, that's probably also why you can't drag & drop messages from Airmail to 1Password. I'm glad to hear you've logged an issue with Airmail about this - hopefully they're able to resolve that.

Please let us know if you need more help with 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.