Printing out list of passwords

rosner
rosner
Community Member

Hello,

I often print out a list of passwords for customers of mine. I was wondering if there is a way to print out password lists without previous passwords. The issue is that I often duplicate an item in order to re-use existing icons and some information of the previous item, but then get stuck with previous passwords etc. Any way to filter this out?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2017

@rosner,

How about something like the following:

or a more expanded version:

Or any other variant you might need!

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Thanks for feedback! Well, literally anything that could make it easier for me to share data with customers. Preferably not showing previous passwords etc. By the way, any possibility to duplicate selectively?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2017

@rosner,

Print outs are probably not the best (most secure) way to share passwords, but if its the only way you have, then you do what you have to do.

I asked if the format was appealing, since they are generated from the onepif converter, one of the converter in the converter suite (version 1.10 in Testing Bits). Those were just samples from two different "formatters". Formatters can be customized, or new ones created, to do what you need. There's also a csv formatter. I created a few, but will create more formatters as requested.

None of the formatters show the previous passwords list (but they could) - it was just a choice I made.

RE: duplication selectively - I think its one record at a time.

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Thanks for your feedback. I shall check it out. About the duplication, what I meant was when I duplicate one single entry from 1Password it copies all fields over, also previously used passwords which I evidently don't want to see/use when duplicating an entry. Any take on that?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rosner,

I've never seen a Duplicate action copy the previously used password list. Which version of 1Password are you using?

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Hi,

Version 6.5.3 for Mac...latest version. See attached screenshot. As you can see, when I right-hand click an entry and then duplicate to create a similar entry, it also duplicates previous passwords from source. When I print it out it shows the previous passwords too :-( !

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2017

@rosner,

Maybe its a bug with your version. I have a 6.6 beta. Perhaps you need to update?

See the following video:
    [link removed]

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Ohhh, thanks for vid! Where can I get the beta from? :-)

Just hope that the beta is stable cause I can't have some half-backed version running.....

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rosner ,

In Prefernces, turn on Beta updates.

Grab the latest here.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

Click the Show betas checkbox.

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your feedback. I just realised that I have the AppStore version, so I can not install Beta. I will have to wait for the official release.

Thanks for your great help!! You ROCK :-)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rosner ,

Ah, that explains it! And you're welcome... happy to help.

And back to you're original request... to reiterate, the output generated by the converters mentioned above will ignore the Previous passwords list, so you're ok if that is useful to you. Don't hesitate to ask if you need assistance or require some customizations

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Thanks so much! You've been great!! :-)

Enjoy the week-end

• rp2
    rp2
    Community Member

That feature, i.e. printing previous passwords, some other information, has been present for a long time. In addition the print function uses very large font size. The user doesn't have control over fonts, their sizes or print scale. It is not a big issue, but could be corrected.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rp2 - are you referring to the 1Password native printout?

• rp2
    rp2
    Community Member

yes

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rp2,

Thanks for your feedback! As MrC mentioned earlier in this thread, printing outs your 1Password data is really not the best or most secure way to share passwords. But if that's something you need to do, and if you want to customize the way that printed data is formatted, the workaround that MrC described should be helpful for you.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• rp2
    rp2
    Community Member

Thank you Drew_AG for being here for me. I am here for you as well, we can call it symbiosis. Let me indicate that MrC workaround consists of downloading a beta version. The link that he supplied is broken.
    Again, it is not a big deal, the program works in a VERY elegant way. You could/ should put the dot over "i" and provide a better print control. It is a bit irritating, particularly with Mac which has those implemented at the system level, to try to find a "workaround".
    A word of explanation why I need a printout: when the passwords are so complicated, abstract in fact, a printout is necessary (stored in a fireproof safe) in case of a low probability event that backups and syncs all fail.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rp2 - the broken link has been removed. It was a video to show that password history are removed upon Duplication in the version of 1Password I'm using and it was directed at the original poster of this thread.

The issue we were discussing was about Previous Passwords being duplicated along with record duplication. Printouts was another issue.

This discussion has been closed.