iCloud syncing not an option in the new Mac app

Options
snowday_01
snowday_01
Community Member
  1. I signed up for the subscription trial. I'm hoping to try syncing with iCloud, but don't see the "Sync" tab under preferences. How do I set up iCloud syncing?

2. Will a license purchased from the agilebits store allow for iCloud syncing? There are posts saying that iCloud syncing is only possible with the Mac App Store version, and other's that indicate this is old news.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• snowday_01
    snowday_01
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I signed up for the subscription trial. I'm hoping to try syncing with iCloud, but don't see the "Sync" tab under preferences. How do I set up iCloud syncing?

2. Will a license purchased from the agilebits store allow for iCloud syncing? There are posts saying that iCloud syncing is only possible with the Mac App Store version, and other's that indicate this is old news.

1Password Version: 6.5.5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snowday_01,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! I noticed you posted the same message in two different threads, so I merged them both together here to avoid confusion.

If you're using a 1Password.com subscription account, you won't see any sync settings because you don't need them. Sync settings don't apply to 1Password.com accounts because the data in your account automatically syncs through our own servers. On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

That's old news, and was specific to an older version of 1Password for Mac. In version 6 (currently the latest), both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions of 1Password can sync via iCloud, because it's now possible for apps downloaded outside of the Mac App Store to use CloudKit.

However, you wouldn't need to worry about that anyway, because as I explained above, 1Password.com accounts automatically sync with our own servers instead of relying on other third party sync solutions.

I hope that helps to clear things up, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.