trouble installing 1Password

Options
HalfBekend
HalfBekend
Community Member

I have the proble 1Password failed to connect to connect and followed the instructions on https://support.1password.com/error-connect-to-mini/

I deleted 1Pasword 6 from the Applicaitons folder, rebooted and installed it again.
However, when I now want to open 1Password (by clicking on the app in the dock, I get "Het programma 1Password 6 20.42.42.app kan niet worden geopend, omdat het zich in de prullenmand bevindt. Verplaats dit programma uit de prullenmand als je het wilt openen."
Freely translated to English it means I can't open the app as it is in the recyle bin. As said, I just reinstalled it.

What to do?

Small remark: I am getting increasingly uneasy with trusting my important stuff (passwords) with 1Password. It al was fine a couple of years ago. However, there are serious problems in Windows (I can't change my passwords etc.), and now I had the problem with 1Password mini on the Mac and now this. I also have messages that I cannot read my Dropbox synced Vaults (type .agilekeychain) anymore (will be a separate ticket).
I rely on this to get to my passwords every day.

1Password Version: 6 20.42.42
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox and Family

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HalfBekend,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password! From your description, it sounds like the 1Password icon in your Dock (which is a shortcut to the app) is pointing to the old copy you moved to the Trash. Apps cannot be opened from the Trash, which is why you're getting that error message.

It should be easy to solve this: First, drag the 1Password icon out of the Dock. After you've removed it from the Dock, open the Applications folder on your Mac, find the 1Password 6.app file there, and drag that down into the Dock to put a new icon/shortcut there. Now if you click on the new 1Password icon in the Dock, it should launch the correct copy of the app. Please let us know if you have any questions about that.

As far as the problems trying to open or update the 1Password app that happened last weekend, we were just as surprised as you were. I'm very sorry it wasn't working when you needed it to! If you haven't already seen it, we posted an article on our blog about this on Sunday: 1Password for Mac 6.5.5: Manual update required

After looking into it, we don't believe we did anything wrong to have caused it. We published another blog article a couple days ago which goes into more detail about what happened: Certificates, Provisioning Profiles, and Expiration Dates: The Perfect Storm

It sounds like you're having some trouble with the Windows version of 1Password and will be posting for help with that in our Windows forum. I'm sure our experts there will be able to help you get things sorted out in no time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.