Better UI for copying / moving items?

Options

When trying to move an item to a shared vault, on the Windows app you have to copy it, then delete the original one. I don't see any way to move or copy items at all in the web UI. On the Mac, I can do this with a simple-right click menu. It took a good minute or two to notice the "copy" button at the top of the list, which is totally confusing on a large screen when the item to move is at the bottom of the list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @deviantintegral,

Thank you for reaching out and giving us a chance to help and explain everything!

1Password 6 for Windows is a young app and it is a little unfair to compare it with 1Password 6 for Mac, which has several years of development behind its back. We are planning to bring "Move" functionality to 1Password on Windows, but we need to tackle some difficulties first. See this reply from Mike for more details about them.

Right now in 1Password 6 for Windows you can copy an item via simple right-click menu:

And move/copy item on the web:

I am sorry for this inconvenience. It is good that we are having this conversation, because they help us get better. Thank you!

Cheers,

Greg

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Not sure why the right-click menu wasn't working, but it is now. Looking forward to when Move is available in the windows client.

I would /never/ have guessed for those items to be in the web UI under that button! Especially 'Duplicate', which doesn't seem like a 'share' action at all.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @deviantintegral,

Yea, it is very hard to come up with a simple icon that says, look! there are a lot of actions here. Each platform does use the share button for more than just sharing, so it makes sense to follow the standard here.

We may split them into separate icons in the future if there is a better design.

This discussion has been closed.