I have a Dell Latitude E7470 laptop that I use at work. Windows10, 16GB RAM, SSD drive; very good performance. Using Chrome 56.0.2924.87; it says it up to date. Plugin version 188.8.131.52.
I installed 1Password6 (6.3.359d) app (Family version) and the Chrome extension, and I am able to use 1Password as expected. Synching between different computers seems to be working fine.
What triggers the problem:
- I bring the laptop back and forth between home and office.
- When I leave home, I hibernate, then turn on again at the office.
- At home, I am on my personal wifi. At the office, I am in a docking station with a wired connection (not on the wireless).
- 1Password app is logged out prior to hibernation, but still open in the background.
- Upon logging into Windows at the office, I cannot browse any web sites in Chrome. All web browsing is broken until I disable the 1Password extension. Nothing fixes web browsing until 1Password extension is disabled.
- On top of that, the 1Password app is non-responsive. I get a password box, but as soon as I type anything, the app freezes and eventually I have to kill it in Task Manager.
- I have tried browsing with 1Password app closed, but it does not work (except if the extension is disabled).
- There is no action I have found to make 1Password useable again other than rebooting. After rebooting, everything is working fine.
- Generally I don't really use 1Password while I am in the office. If it wasn't for web browsing being broken, I might not even notice.
- I am an administrator on the laptop.
- I have not done more scenarios like just hibernating at home and then turning on again to see if it is specific to turning on in the office. Likewise, I have not observed what happens when hibernation at the office and turning on at home because I generally do not use 1Password at the office. But I do plan on trying these scenarios in the next few days.
Again, when 1Password is working, everything seems fine. Are there any known issues with hibernation that can cause an issue like this? Are there are any workarounds or updates that I should be looking for?
1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 184.108.40.206
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family Version