I am getting this message on my Mac when I try to : 1password failed to connect to 1password mini. N

Options
clpcarroll
clpcarroll
Community Member

When I try to open 1 Password I get the message that 1 password failed to connect to 1Password mini and to close it and try again. Now the app won't open at all. I was trying to synch with my phone and iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I got this message on my Mac: 1passwoord failed to connect to 1password mini. Close and try again.

Comments

• clpcarroll
    clpcarroll
    Community Member
    Options

I need help with this ASAP. I can't get any of my passwords or even the license number to reinstall. TIA.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

(Strictly, this should have been in the Mac forum. However, you will probably see my reply quicker here, and others have posted the same problem in the Mac forum.)

There could be several reasons for the problem. However, the most likely is one that first occurred a few days ago and has been solved.

Quit 1Password and 1Password Mini (you must quit both) and trash 1PW (do NOT use an app cleaner as that may destroy data). Go to AgileBits website and download 1PW 6.5.5 and install and run it. That should solve your problem.

If you are interested in the details there have been a couple of post on the AgileBits blog.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @clpcarroll,

The information danco posted is accurate. This page should help with explicit instructions:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini (February 2017)

Thanks.

Ben

• clpcarroll
    clpcarroll
    Community Member
    Options

This did help, but then I was unable to find the app in the applications folder. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, so I asked Siri and she found it, where I don't know. Just FYI. I eventually had to drag it from my dock into the folder so I could find it in the future. It was also not in the launchpad! Thanks for your help.

Cindy

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Cindy! As long as everything is working now it sounds like you should be in good shape, but feel free to write back if you have any further difficulty. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.