Dropbox error "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile." New mac installation.

Options
michael.d
michael.d
Community Member

I did a clean install of Sierra 10.12.3 on my Mac Mini mid 2011. Downloaded Dropbox which I use to sync my 1Password keychain. Installed 1Password 6.6.1 from the site. I pick dropbox as my method of syncing and select my agilekeychain file. When I type in my master password I get the error "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

What am I doing wrong???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @michael.d

This sounds like the agilekeychain folder on dropbox is missing some of the requisite files inside of it to be a proper agilekeychain. Do you see anything in your Dropbox edit history that shows any of the files inside of it being removed?

Rudy

• michael.d
    michael.d
    Community Member
    Options

Still syncing. My bad. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, no problem. Glad to hear it just needs to finish syncing. Happens to the best of us. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• nrobertm
    nrobertm
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. New MacBook Pro 13" 2016.
    Sierra 10.12.3
    1Password 6.6.1 AgileBits store
    Password file is a .agilekeychain file.
    Sync to Dropbox
    Clean install Choose dropbox, enter password and receive the error "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

I use 1password on my iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro. both sync to the same file no problems.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nrobertm,

You might get that error if Dropbox has not yet fully downloaded the entire sync file to the local Dropbox folder. Since this is happening on a new Mac, I suspect that's the cause. In that case, it should work correctly once Dropbox has had time to completely download the sync file. Keep in mind the .agilekeychain "file" is actually a package / bundle (basically a special type of folder) which is made up of hundreds of smaller files, so it might take longer than some other files to completely download.

If you try again now, does it work or do you get the same error? If you're still having the same problem, please open the local Dropbox folder on your Mac and find the sync file. Does it have a green circle with a check-mark, or a blue circle with arrows?

• nrobertm
    nrobertm
    Community Member
    Options

Local file has a green circle with checkmarks, and still receiving the same error.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nrobertm: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, which file are you referring to? A 1Password vault is composed of many (and sometimes hundreds of) files. It may be that Dropbox has sync'd everything it sees, but there are one more "conflicted copy" files it has created, which 1Password will not read — or that one or more of 1Password's files are simply missing from Dropbox entirely, deleted on one device (or web interface), and this change has sync'd to the rest. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.