when does standalone support stop?

I have licenses for both Windows and Mac. Now you are only offering the subscriptions.
That leaves me with many questions.
Does support for the standalone versions stop soon? Will there be any (major) updates for the standalone versions, fi when Windows or OSX, are you planning to offer an update for the standalone versions?
I somehow can't seem to find to answer to that...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when does standalone support stop?

Comments

• Hi @Krit60 ,

I can't answer when, because that assumes we plan to stop supporting standalone usage. It's our current plan to support standalone customers as well as those with 1Password.com subscriptions. When we started offering subscriptions we stated that it was our plan to support both types of customers and that has not changed.

With OS X, the standalone and subscription apps are one in the same, so they will continue to receive updates, and we do not have plans to remove standalone support. We can't comment on when major upgrades will be released or what they will contain. Windows has two different versions for standalone and subscriptions. I will move this thread to the Windows forum where a Windows expert can address that part of your question.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @Krit60,

Now you are only offering the subscriptions.

We are marketing subscriptions only first to new customers because it is the easiest way to start using 1Password across multiple devices, sign in and you're done. Standalone versions have a lot of advanced configurations that most people don't want to do, they just want to start using it right away, so we're encouraging subscriptions upfront and it is actually really well from the feedback we're getting. We've tried doing both at the same time for a long time, it caused a lot of confusion and pain (why do you have both, what should I use?, etc?), thus we've simplified it further, which it did help.

Standalone licenses will be continued to be offered to those who wants it.

Does support for the standalone versions stop soon?

No, as Kevin said, we plan to supporting both standalone and subscription users,. All 1Password apps will continue to get updates and support regardless of what is being used, either subscription / standalone vaults.

Will there be any (major) updates for the standalone versions, fi when Windows or OSX, are you planning to offer an update for the standalone versions?

In the future, 1Password 6 for Windows will gain support for local vaults and licenses. In other words, we do plan to do the same thing with we did on other platforms, one single Windows client for both subscription and standalone users.

For the moment, we offer two separate versions because 1Password 6 is a new codebase, we need time to implement most of the features that 1Password 4 have including local vaults and licensing. So, we offer 1Password 6 for 1Password.com users and 1Password 4 for standalone (for now).

This discussion has been closed.