1Password incorrectly claims it is licensed through Mac App Store

Options
jtucker
jtucker
Community Member

1Password on one of our Macs claims it is licensed through the App Store instead of the license purchased directly from Agilebits. This is incorrect: my App Store purchases do not show 1Password; it was purchased directly from Agilebits and is correctly licensed that way on our other Macs. I don't know when this started but I noticed it last weekend during certificate issue.

Does this matter and, if so, how do I correct it?

I found a couple of other questions here that were similar but the solutions were apparently sent privately, not on the forum.

NOTE: This may have started several years ago when you first enabled iCloud sync. I foolishly downloaded the App Store version before realizing it would not work because, although my wife and I use Family Sharing, we have different primary iCloud accounts and the iCloud sync only worked with each primary account. Apple gave me a refund and I went back to using my Agilebits license. I vaguely remember checking the license then because I think I had to remove 1Password completely and reinstall with new license at the time but I can't remember for sure.

Comments

• @jtucker,

It should be ok either way. But if you really want to get rid of the Mac App Store receipt you can delete it from ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/App Store Receipts/

Rudy

• jtucker
    jtucker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that fixed it. (My compulsive need for order and accuracy would not let me leave it as it was. ) It was handy that I keep the license in 1Password's Software Licenses category.

BTW, has there been a change in the last two years that would let us use iCloud sync across our two family-sharing Apple IDs?

• @jtucker,

Unfortunately not, the iCloud sync still behaves the same way as it did before.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.