1PW: Changing from Apple to AgileBits Subscription

Chris90Chris90
edited May 2017 in Purchasing

Dear all
I was on a trial "Individual Plan billing through an Apple Subscription" and I warnt to change to AgileBites direct.
Now i caceled my apple subscrition sucsesfully.
Unfortunatly, this dies not apere in "Billing" on my 1PW web Login.

• How Long dos it take the 1PW Web Account to realisiert that Apple subscripion was casceled?
  • How do I comunicated AgilieBites, that I Wang to Go on its plan, in I already have an Account?

Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @Chris90 - Great question and I'll be happy to help. I checked your Families account and it looks like you are paying via the website already. There is a credit associated with the Families account.

It looks like you're using the Families account for business use. Have you considered converting the account over to 1Password Teams? We created Teams with business use in mind. As an admin you have more options available to you to restrict what team members can or can't access from a specific vault. I will also include a helpful link below in regards to managing the Families subscription -

https://support.1password.com/1password-com-billing/

Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist.

• Its not my family Account.
    I openend an nee my.1password Account only Form my Father .

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

Hi Chris90 - I just sent you over an email so we can further discuss this in a private setting. When you get a chance reply back to me there and we can work on this together. Talk to you soon.

ref: XYG-36619-766

• I can have my subscription billed though iTunes?

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@prime: If you sign up for a 1Password.com Account on an iOS device, that's an option you can choose. But if you've already subscribed, there isn't an easy way to "migrate" to that plan, so it isn't something we recommend. I'll shoot you an email in case you have other questions that may involve account information.

• So can I sign up for a 1p account on the Mac store?

I currently have a standalone single license on my mac and android device.

And like prime said above, I could be billed through Apple/Itunes?

• BenBen AWS Team

AgileBits Team Member

Not quite yet @telUK. That is something we're working on. Hopefully it'll be available very soon!

But depending on how you plan to pay it may be more expensive to subscribe through our website directly. Apple currently only has the plans that are billed monthly. We sell those as well, but the default is annual billing, which is less expensive (the pricing listed on our site is based on annual billing).

We do want to bring the annual options to Apple as well, but from what I hear those are not quite ready yet. Not sure when/if they will be.

Thanks!

Ben

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@telUK: I just wanted to add that I like using iTunes gift cards to pay, since I often buy those at a discount. But to build on what Ben said, we're only able to offer the monthly plan through Apple currently, so even in my case, it's cheaper to subscribe through the website and pay annually, since it saves me 20%. Just a thought. :)

• @Ben @brenty Thanks!

Just to clarify, Im currently on a standalone licence purchased on the Mac app store a few years ago, if I want to go onto a monthly 1password account subscription I need to go back into the mac app store and purchase again?

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @telUK,

When you go down the 1Password account route you'll be given the option to pay for it via credit card online by signing into your account via browser, or in the Mac and iOS apps, you can view the account in Preferences/Settings and choose to subscribe that way to pay via Apple In App Purchase Subscription.

Does that clear it up?

Rick

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

I should maybe add that currently there's no way to create a new account from our Mac App Store app if you had previously purchased it. You'll need to sign up directly via the browser at 1password.com.

Rick

• I am on the monthly plan through iTunes but would prefer to pay yearly and get the savings. What is the best way to convert? Also, my month just started today, would it be best to wait until I'm closer to my monthly renewal?

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @bradar24 - Great question! You can actually cancel the subscription through iTunes - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Once you have cancelled the subscription, reply back to me here and I'll see if I can work a little magic on our end :-)

• Frank:

I have cancelled the subscription via iTunes. Thank you in advance for your help.

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member
    edited February 2017

Hi @bradar24 - Wow, that was super fast :-) You're all set. You should be able to log into your Individual account. - https://my.1Password.com and subscribe for an annual plan. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions :+1:

• Awesome. It looks like I am all set. Thanks for the quick help.

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

You're very welcome and let us know if you have any further questions.

• Hi. I signed up for the trial subscription In January. Then signed up and the billing is 3.99/month. I'd like to switch to annua billing for the savings. How do I convert to pay annually. He only option I see on my iPhone is monthly at $3.99.

• RomanRoman AG Alumni

@cestbon - Yearly subscriptions are not available on the Mac App Store. If you want to switch, you'd need to cancel your subscription there and contact us aftrewards. We'll then need to work some magic on our end before you can switch to the yearly subscription that's available via 1Password.com.

When you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• Thank you. But I just tried to cancel the subscription on my iPhone and in doing so it charged me another $3.99 monthly subscription that now and April 3. It had just expired February 28. Sorry about this.

• RomanRoman AG Alumni

@cestbon - That's not a problem at all. I'd recommend you use the extra month you just received and switch at the end of the month. Please be sure to contact us nonetheless after you cancelled, as the magic on our end will still be necessary.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@cestbon: Just to clarify because it's a bit confusing to do this with iTunes subscriptions (I've done it with other apps myself), make sure you cancel your subscription there. There's no reason not to do so right away, as you'll still be able to continue to use it until the end of the current period (April 3rd it sounds like — I totally forgot February was a start month myself, though it is every year!) Just follow Apple's guide if you haven't already done so:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions

Once your subscription lapses, your account will be frozen, but you'll still have access to your data. We just can't do anything with it on our end until you're "out" of Apple's system. So at that time shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and post the Support ID you receive here so we can get back to you and get you setup as soon as possible. Cheers! :)

• My apple subscription is now cancelled. They were nice enough to refund the unintentional subscription. I just emailed support+forums but don't know how to link it to this discussion. Do you need the email support ID here?

• RomanRoman AG Alumni

@cestbon - No worries, I located your email. It looks like Rob is already working with you. Let's continue the conversation by email, he'll get back to you! :)

ref: CVJ-48388-551

• Thank you!

• RomanRoman AG Alumni

You're welcome! :)

• I have also subscribed via apple, but actually should have subscribed directly via the website. I subscribed via iTunes with an individual account, thinking I could change it to a family account. But when I went looking through things and realised that I really should have subscribed to an annual subscription via the website. I have now cancelled via iTunes, and sent a private message to agilebits support (#SKG-67162-372)

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@malcolmcaldwell: Thanks! I'll reply to you via email shortly. :)

ref: SKG-67162-372

In case it helps you or anyone else though, switching yourself is pretty straightforward (if not exactly obvious):

1. Cancel your existing subscription through Apple here: https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions
    2. Wait until your iTunes subscription lapses and the account freezes.
    3. Setup payment in your 1Password.com account's billing section: http://start.1password.com/admin/billing

Cheers! :sunglasses:

• Hi, agile bits support team.

I also couldn't change purchase iTunes to agile bits direct like Chris90.
    My free trial expired on 1st April.
    But my 1pwd Web shows
    "Your Apple subscription is managed through your iTunes account."
    on "billing" page .

Please Support me.. :'(

I'm Japanese, sorry my bad English.
    I attached below my Apple Subscription screen about the individual plan.

--
    1Password Version: 6.6.4(Mac) / 6.5.4(iOS)
    Extension Version: 4.6.4.90(Chrome)
    OS Version: 10.11.6(Mac) / 10.3.1(iOS)
    Sync Type: Dropbox(Now)

• JacobJacob

AgileBits Team Member
    edited May 2017

@butakao Sorry about that! To change your subscription to one that's managed on 1Password.com, you need to cancel your active one in iTunes first:

View, change, or cancel your iTunes subscriptions

Once you do that, send us an email at support@1password.com about this and we'll mark it as canceled so you can subscribe on 1Password.com. Post back here with the confirmation code you receive once you send that email and we'll get back to you quicker :)

This discussion has been closed.