Playstore says 1Password not compatible with my Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat 7.0

I recently upgraded my AT&T S7 Edge to Nougat 7.0 and 1Password would update all of my passwords each time I used it. It would rewrite every password record, which takes a long time. I uninstalled 1Password to try to resolve this issue and when I try to install it again it says it is not compatible with my device.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Nougate 7.0
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Playstore says 1Password not compatible with my Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat 7.0

Comments

• It says "Not compatible with this version."

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@ebertojr: That's very strange, as 1Password for Android version 6 definitely supports Android 7...and I haven't heard of issues with recent Galaxy devices either. Do you mean that the Google Play store won't even install 1Password now? Under the circumstances, I'm not sure what 1Password can do to help, since we won't even be able to get diagnostics — it isn't even there. Have you "rooted" the device to run a custom OS, or otherwise modified the Play store? Let me know what you find!

• Stranger yet, I just tried it and it installed with no issues! Thanks for following up.

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that. Please let us know if you have any trouble again in the future.

• I'm having the same issue. But there's no option to install it on the Google play store.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@buzzby75: Unfortunately that isn't something we can help with, as the Google Play store is owned and operated solely by Google. Do you perhaps already have 1Password installed, or your device/software is not compatible? What are you seeing exactly? Ultimately you may need help from Google or the device vendor, but I can at least try to point you in the right direction if you'll provide some basic information. Thanks in advance!

• I've manage to get the app on to my phone. But can't remember any of my log in details. I want to purchase the pro version of the app.

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

Hey @buzzby75. If you're being prompted for an email address, Secret Key, and sign-in address, then this is for a 1Password account. You're welcome to sign up for one if you like. With an active account, the Pro features are unlocked automatically.

Otherwise, you'll need to sync an existing vault. Were you previously using 1Password on another device? If so, had you configured sync with Dropbox or another method?

• Hello :)

If anyone else runs into this, they might want to try installing the app remotely using Google's Web version of the play store. If you get the same error, I believe the web version of the play store will allow you to click on a "+" sign on the error message for some insight as to why you can't install it. There are tons of reasons such as carrier block, wrong or not supported Android version, maturity rating (although I think the latter wouldn't apply to 1Password), etc.

I hope that helps.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

I'd never thought to try that. Can always view 1Password in the Google Play store here in a desktop browser. Not a bad idea! :)

Leave a Comment