Family account: sync to both 1Password and NAS

Options
siplhium
siplhium
Community Member

I''m going to be moving from an individual account to a family account. I'm not sure whether I need syncing to 1Password, but can we sync to both 1Password (or icloud, I suppose) and to our Synology NAS (which we already use for file and folder syncing)?

And how do get my individual data into the family account?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @siplhium,

I've moved your message to our Families forum. I hope you don't mind!

Sync is already built into 1Password.com accounts - your account data automatically syncs through our own servers, so there are no sync settings to configure. You won't be able to sync your account data with another sync service or to your NAS, but there's no need to do that.

And how do get my individual data into the family account?

If you have an individual 1Password.com account and are going to convert that to a Families account, you don't need to do anything about your data - your account type will change, but your data will still be there, you don't need to move it anywhere. To convert to a Families account, sign in to your account on 1Password.com, choose 'Invite People…' from the account menu, and select "Upgrade to a Family".

If you have two separate accounts (an individual account and a Families account) and want to move your data from one to the other, you just need to be signed into both accounts from the 1Password app on your Mac. Then you can move items from your individual account vault to your Families account vault: Move items between vaults

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.