How to get Google Chrome passwords and iCloud keychain into 1Password

Options
MrMonteCristo
MrMonteCristo
Community Member

Hay guys!
How are you doing?

I use Google's password keeper and iCloud keychain a lot with their respective platforms, Google Chrome and Safari.

Is there a way to get my passwords from those into 1Password? I have hundreds of passwords on each.

Also, if there is a way to get them imported into 1Password, is there a way to remove the duplicate passwords?

Thank you very much for your help!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OS X Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @MrMonteCristo,

Thanks for writing in! By far the best way to "import" these passwords saved in Chrome and iCloud Keychain is to let the browser extension add them incrementally. Let me explain :)

Whenever you sign into a website that is not saved in 1Password, you'll see a popup window asking if you want to save it in 1Password. Just click "Save" and you're done - that website is now in 1Password! The benefit to doing it this way is that 1Password can save additional attributes about the login page which helps it fill properly in later on.

You also don't need to sit down and spend a long time getting everything moved over. You can just continue signing in as you're used to and 1Password will just get updated over time. Then, whenever you visit those websites again, you can fill using 1Password.

Let me know how that works out!

This discussion has been closed.