Accidentally deleted all passwords during upgrade to 6.

Options
robyn_m
robyn_m
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

Hi I'm having a couple of problems but the main one is i have managed to lose all my logins.
I had a new phone which I was trying to sync to my dropbox. It couldn't find the vault even though i could see it in my dropbox.
I then read if I upgrade everything this might fix the problem. It did and I got it all all working on my phone.
However after the upgrade to 6, it seemed to be running parts of 5 and 6 at the same time. The extension on websites wouldn't work.
So I deleted the app by dragging it to my bin and reinstalled 6. (paid for it)
I then synced to the dropbox like I did before and it had all the passwords, then 5 mins later it seemed to sync again and I now have no password on my phone or computer.
I tried to use the old password file in dropbox but this didn't make any difference and I still have the 1password5 in my trash. Is there anyway I can get my password back? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hey @robyn_m,

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble upgrading 1Password. Lets figure out what is going on.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• robyn_m
    robyn_m
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I look forward to hearing if there is anything i can do to get my passwords back. Thank you.
    ID for mac #FEG-25491-567
    ID for Android #ARI-42861-515

I have also realised I have a typo in my email address for this forum please can you help me edit that too. it needs a b for btinternet thank you.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @robyn_m

Thank you for sending in the Diagnostics Reports, someone will get back to you over email to get you sorted out! We'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

I have changed your email address and added the "b" for you ;)

I hope that you have a great day!

ref: FEG-25491-567

• robyn_m
    robyn_m
    Community Member
    Options

That's great thank you Pilar.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1: