Diceware in different languages.

Options
random_31731ec7aea
random_31731ec7aea
Community Member

Hi,

still waiting for the feature to get dice ware password in german. If you could implement using own dice ware list and put it into adavanced menu it would be good to.
See http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html#Diceware in Other Languages|outline for other list.
And if you need more them 7336 words as I expect I would even update the german list to comply.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @random_31731ec7aea,

Thanks for your feedback. We're currently tracking the request for more languages in our diceware password generator as OPM-3654. I have added you to the list of votes for that request.

Rudy

ref: OPM-3654

• random_31731ec7aea
    Options

Where can I see OPM-3654. Btw I'm requesting this since Jan 2016 so don't double count me :-)

• @random_31731ec7aea,

Its the ticket number in our private issue tracker, there isn't a public view of that. At this point I think its ok if we count you twice. I can't speak to the timetable of when it might be implemented, but I can definitely see the use for this to happen sooner than later.

Rudy

• random_31731ec7aea
    Options

Sooner or later is bad :-( Because it is a cool feature but it is not useful for people who are able to use english -> like my father in law. And even for me it is harder to use. So since it is already implemented for english it should be to hard to implement.
    I guess your list is hardcoded so why don't use different list and give the user the dialog to select it?

BTW a public Feature / Issue Tracker would be great too,

Intressting Links: https://github.com/mgumz/diceware

• @random_31731ec7aea,

I meant to say that I'd like to see this happen in the near term, not to imply that I didn't see it happening.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.