iPhone Not Accepting Master Password

jaxisland
jaxisland
Community Member
edited February 2017 in iOS

I use 1Password on 2 iPads, 1 iPhone, and a Win 7 laptop. I logged in this morning on my PC with the Master Password no problem. I created a new entry on my PC, and it shows in the app and chrome extension. I went to my new iPad and unlocked the app with Touch ID and I got in, but new entry is not syncing with that iPad. I checked my iPhone and it does not give me an option for Touch ID. I verified Touch ID is working on my phone with multiple other apps as well as unlocking the phone. I manually type in the master password and it does not let me in. I went to my old iPad that does not support Touch ID and the master password fails there as well. I went slow and have tried 10+ times on each device but cannot get in. So the main issue is why did my phone stop registering Touch ID for 1Password overnight? Why is my new entries not syncing to my iPad that lets me in? Why does my master password not work when manually typed in?

Just to troubleshoot, I manually typed the master password in on the iPad that supports Touch ID and it let me in. So 1 of 3 iOS devices I can get into but not the other 2. Also, all of these devices have worked in the last 3-5 days.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jaxisland
    jaxisland
    Community Member

Update:
    The new entry that was entered from the PC has shown up on the working iPad, it took over an hour to appear but it is there now. The issues with the iPhone and older iPad still remain.

• Good afternoon @jaxisland. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you're having here. Have you recently changed your Master Password on your PC? If so, can you try your old Master Password on your iPhone and older iPad?

If that doesn't work it may be worth deleting 1Password from your older iPad, reinstalling from the App Store, and setting it up with Dropbox again. If that works properly you can do the same on your iPhone.

• jaxisland
    jaxisland
    Community Member

It appears reinstalling has worked, is there a known bug that would cause having to reinstall?

• Not that I'm aware of, @jaxisland. But glad to hear you were able to get it working. :)

Ben

• jaxisland
    jaxisland
    Community Member

To answer MrRooni's question, I had not changed the master password.

• Interesting. Thanks. I'll let him know.

Ben

• ckuo
    ckuo
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

I've encountered the same issue yesterday. Opened 1password on my iPhone (iOS 10.2.1) and it did not allow me to use touch ID for login. And when I entered a master password it did not work; I entered it three times before it gave me the hint, which made me realize that it had somehow reverted back to an old password. Of note I have not changed my master password recently. Also, despite this issue on iOS, the 1Password on my mac has continued working normally-- using the "right" (more recent) password without issue. 1P on my iphone and mac were previously synced over WLAN server so I don't know why this issue would all of the sudden appear.

Since I realized the the master pw had somehow reverted back to the old pw, I have re-changed the master back to the one that I use on my Mac 1Password (the more recent pw). However, the ios 1Password still does not allow me to sign in using Touch ID, even though I made sure Touch ID is enabled in both iOS Settings and 1P Settings. I've looked online for this issue and tried someone's suggestion of first disabling Touch ID in both places (iOS & 1P Settings), restarting the phone, then re-enabling Touch ID in both places again--- However, this has not fixed the problem. That fingerprint icon I used to see upon opening 1P app is still not there. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I see.

Update-- reinstalling the app has not fixed the issue.

• GraigDavis
    GraigDavis
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

I am having all of the same problems! Any more suggestions on how to log in? This glitch is a complete disaster. I have so many important things in this app.

• Hi folks,

AgileBits never has knowledge of your Master Password, and we're unable to recover or reset it for you. If you are using a 1Password.com membership account and have another individual on your account (e.x. with a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams membership) they may be able to assist you with recovery:

Change or recover your Master Password

If that is not the case, please review this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.