Create New Vault Missing from v6.6 (660013)

vance_erwin
vance_erwin
Community Member

Hello!

I just purchased this software over the weekend because I could create multiple vaults and sync them with Dropbox. I upgraded to the current version and I can no longer create a new vault.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vance_erwin

Well spotted! This is a bug and we've managed to recreate it here on our end. We'll get this fixed up for the next update.

In the mean time, you can still add existing vaults by double clicking their keychain in Dropbox. If you're trying to add existing vaults anyway.

Another quick workaround, if necessary, is to add the demo vault, this will force the menu to refresh and New Vault will appear. Then you can remove the Demo vault and be set. Of course, you'll need to do this until the update comes out that fixes this but it at least you're not stuck waiting without a work around.

Very sorry about that!

• vance_erwin
    vance_erwin
    Community Member

Hi AGKyle:

Thanks for the quick response. I was a bit weirded out though. Saturday, I bought the app. Sunday, I was showing a friend who was going to purchase it and it vanished from the App store, and then today it became free. :)

I am happy to pay for the app as I will be using it with DropBox. Thanks for continuing support for this. Some companies don't.

What's the time frame for the update? (I won't hold you to your best guess)

• @vance_erwin,

It looks like this behavior slipped through in the 6.6 update, its definitely not meant to be that way. We have it on the list to address shortly.

Rudy

ref: OPM-4859

• vance_erwin
    vance_erwin
    Community Member

rudy:

Is there a way to downgrade? Any idea when an update addressing this will be released?

Thanks!

• @vance_erwin,

If you have a copy of 6.5.3 in a backup you could certainly use that. The Mac App Store doesn't really provide a way to go back to a previous version once you've updated, unfortunately.

Rudy

• vance_erwin
    vance_erwin
    Community Member

Good enough. I'll wait. What is the eta on a fix for this?

• @vance_erwin : It's difficult to provide an ETA because of the Mac App Store review process can take anywhere for an hour to a week. If I know Rudy, he's already coded up the solution and started getting peers to review it.

We'll do our best to get a fix out quickly.

Rick

• @vance_erwin : we do seem to have a workaround that you may be interested in. If you use the "Create Demo Vault..." menu item, the menu should then have the Create Vault item afterwards. You'll have to delete the Demo vault afterwards.

Rick

• vance_erwin
    vance_erwin
    Community Member

Thanks for mentioning that. :)

• I wasn't far off about my comment regarding Rudy by the way. A couple hours after I posted that reply he pinged me to let me know he was fixing this issue. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.