yet another item linking post

rmanly
rmanly
Community Member

I've seen the linking threads via search that go back over the years before Domain Matching and multiple webistes etc. were available, I've also seen suggestions of tagging etc. But I have a slightly weirder situation.

I was going through watchtower today and resolving the two entries there, one really old because I did not want to deal with the "no longer having access to the security key dance".

Well today I finally did it. I updated my old password for SW:TOR even though I haven't played in years. While going through this process I discovered that I had to login with my EA.com credentials not my old SW:TOR credentials.

No problem! I trashed my Login item in 1Password for SW:TOR and added that domain to the EA.com login and then created entires for all my security questions etc.

Here is the problem…

https://www.ea.com/ wants your email address to login.
http://www.swtor.com/ wants your "display name" to login.

But they both use the same password!

Having two linked entries in 1Password is the only way I can think to make this simple. Anyone else have an idea? Maybe a fancy way to make the sites enter different usernames automagically?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rmanly: Eww. Yeah, I hear you. Though typically it ends up being that I can use either my username or email address, I've encountered that once or twice too. It just kinda sticks in my craw, being that I like to keep my Security Audit tidy.

While having two separate logins with the same password doesn't help my OCD, linked items may help with your organizational dilemma. This is possible with 1Password.com, since it has a newer design for the hosted database, so that's a route you could go. Honestly, you may want to consider a 1Password.com subscription for much better reasons, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether (you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data). But you may be able to perform some cunning heroics to get the same login to fill for both.

Your mileage may vary, but I was able to get a login saved at swtor.com to fill at ea.com as well simply by editing the web form details in the item to add a new field called email with the address in it, and then add it as a second website URL. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.