The last update was a mess. Still can't automactically log on and can't fix it. Help!

Options
Desertsailor10
Desertsailor10
Community Member

1Password was working great, then you all updated and the **** hit the fan. I loaded the fix but the program does not automatically load user name and password. I have tried to the best of my ability to find out why on the blog sites but to no availe (including trying to update the safari extensions). I am up to date on my versions as well as my operating system (Mac) and I sync through drop box on the machine I am having problems with. 1Password is a great program but your Achilles heal is your support. I get the on-line base but navigating it only adds to a persons frustration when the software has failed. Just saying. Thanks for listening. Spencer Knight

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password1 does not automatically logon

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Desertsailor10: I'm sorry that you're having trouble in the first place, and that finding help has been a frustrating experience. Fortunately, you've come to the right place!

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you mentioned you're having trouble logging in, but not any particular sites. If you'll give us some example URLs we'll be happy to walk your through the process of using 1Password to save and fill login credentials there in your preferred browser. Thanks in advance! :)

• Desertsailor10
    Desertsailor10
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty: My apologies for this tardy response. In answer to your questions I am using a Mac, operating on MacOS Sierra vs. 10.12.3, the 1Password version on this machine is 6.6.1, the browser is Safari vs. 10.0.3, and the extension vs. is 4.6.3. The issue was as follows; when I click on the open and fill button on some of my logins, Safari opened, but I usually got the error message - severer not found. In addition, if a login site opened, none of the logins loaded automatically. However, when I checked for my extension version, I found that the 1Password extensions box was not checked. I checked it and low and behold, things are working as they should. I checked several trouble sites and they are working fine. My apologies for the fire drill and thank you for your response and help. Regards, Desertsailor10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No need to apologize! I'm glad to hear back from you. And, as it turns out, it's taken me longer than I would have liked to return the favour... :sweat:

I am glad to hear that all is well again for you though! That's really odd that the extension was disabled in Safari. I'm not sure what could cause that (unless you had been doing some troubleshooting yourself and later forgot). Either way, please reach out if you run into any more issues. Were here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.