After upgrading to 'Family', my Sierra OS X (v 6.6.1) is not syncing

Options
tinawalt
tinawalt
Community Member

After upgrading to 'family', now my Sierra OS X (v 6.6.1) is never up-to-date with changes being made on my Android (v 6.5.1) and Windows10 running version 4.6.1.617. Windows and Android ware working and syncing fine. I've checked by dropbox account on my OS X and it too seems to be working fine. If I make change on OS X, it doesn't update dropbox. It's almost like my OS X is updating to another repository. How do I force sync and how do i check to see that all accounts are using same repository?

--Tina

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync os x

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @tinawalt - Great question and sorry for the syncing troubles. With 1Password Families, you want to use your Personal vault going forward in order to keep everything in sync across your devices. Basically your Personal vault replaces your original Primary vault. One of the benefits of using Families, we take care of all the syncing on our end.

When you add a new item to 1Password, make sure it's within your Personal vault then as long as you've added the Families account, the item will sync over to your devices in addition to the web. Once you have migrated over your existing 1Password data, you can actually delete your Primary vault.

1Password Families is not compatible with 1Password 4 for Windows. You can download 1Password 6 onto your PC and then follow the steps in this guide - https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/#set-up-the-apps/?windows

Sorry for the confusion and you're definitely off to a great start. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.