Trouble logging in some websites

Options

Hi, after upgrade to the version 6.6.1, I can't login some website using 1Password extension. Manually copy/paste the password work well. Happened on both Safari and Chrome. Please fix the issue.
This is the site: https://ib.techcombank.com.vn/servlet/BrowserServlet

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (chrome), 4.6.3(safari)
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble logging in some website

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tuan2000,

I've moved this thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum so the right people will see it and be able to help. I hope you don't mind!

Is the problem happening with just that one specific site, or also with other sites? Also, what are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your username and password on that site? And what happens when you you do that? The more details you can give us about the steps you're taking and what does or doesn't happen, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• tuan2000
    tuan2000
    Community Member
    Options

I only find it affects only that site so far. I often open the site through 1Password extension (clicking on the login item from 1Password chrome extension). It only fills my username and password and I need to click sign in button manually.
    I even tried right click on the username's field to open 1password. Both doesn't work.
    I guess the autofill doesn't work properly

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tuan2000,

Can you try something for me please. If you create a new Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser does this new Login item work any better?

• tuan2000
    tuan2000
    Community Member
    Options

No, same problem. New login item still doesn't work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @tuan2000,

I've filed a bug report. It seems the site will clear the password field when we try to leave focus in what we believe is the right location. We will likely have to create an exception for this site because of how it behaves and its use of a hidden password field on top of what the site refers to as the fake password field. For now you will be limited to copy and paste I'm afraid until we can get this fixed.

ref: BRAIN-354

• tuan2000
    tuan2000
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I noticed that the password field was clear somehow. But previously, when I clicked on the sign in button, I still could be logged in without re-enter the password.
    I have contacted my bank and it seems that they has just modified the site. I am not sure if it is the latest 1Password version or the new site's implementation cause the problem.
    Please check and add exception for this site. It is very inconvenience to copy and paste every time.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tuan2000,

The report has been filed. I can't say when any change will make it into a stable version of 1Password but if we can work on some sort of rule that allows this site to work it will be added at some point in the future.

• tuan2000
    tuan2000
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Any update?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tuan2000,

Sorry, the development-update cycle can be quite long when it involves new filling code due to the code being cross-platform. I can't offer an ETA as to when a new version will see an improvement here.

• jdpierce21
    jdpierce21
    Community Member
    Options

Deleting the offending website and saving the login again worked for me. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear that helped. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.