1password will not log into airbnb.com

Options

Hello,

Can you please advise how to log into airbnb.com using 1password. I am unable to get 1password to log in because the airbnb login is a popup. Is there something special that needs to be configured in 1password to make it work?

Thank you.

Jennifer Gardner

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (but won't work with any browser/extn)
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3 (chrome & safari)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:airbnb will not log in

Comments

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @floridabrits,
    Are you trying to get airbnb to login using the "open and fill method" or just after you launch the popup?

If using open and fill, you can fix it by updating the airbnb website to https://www.airbnb.com/login

If your just having issues filling the popup after you launch it, then you might have incorrect web form details, so the fastest way to fix that would be recreating that login item.

You could also try using the shortcut ⌘ + \ to fill in your login details.

Let us know if any of these work for you.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that was easier than I thought... changing the URL did the job... THANK YOU very much :-)

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    Options

@flordabrits,

No problem, glad that worked for you!

Have a good weekend,
    Andrew

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

@firebeyer - thank you... I am also having the same issue using www.tripit.com but changing the URL to tripit.com/login doesn't work... any ideas on what the URL would need to be for this site please? Thank you in advance...

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    Options

@floridabrits,

For tripit.com use https://www.tripit.com/account/login as your website address.

-Andrew

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

@firebeyer - top man! :-) Thank you very much indeed...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It doesn't like like we're need much here :smile: Thank you for all the nice work firebeyer in helping floridabrits.

• Almarma
    Almarma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I'm having also issues with Airbnb. In my case, I only have problems if I need edit personal info while logged in, because now it as for a reauthorization and it's impossible to get the 1Password extension to detect the site. I attach a couple of screenshots to illustrate the issue. I've even just copied and pasted that subdomain address from Safari and added it to the 1Password login info and nothing.

My added issue is that I'm Spanish and Airbnb insists sometimes to redirect me to the Spanish version (airbnb.es) even if I don't want to. And sometimes they're using subdomains like here (es.airbnb.com).

This is my Airbnb data stored in my vault:

Any ideas about how to fix it?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This issue should be fixed in 1Password 6.8.3 for Mac, which is currently in beta. There was an issue with parsing the URLs when they contain those [ and ] characters. This should be fixed in the next release.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• 1poster
    1poster
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same trouble with Airbnb, on 6.8.5 for Mac. The 1Password Safari extension recognizes the site when the URL is just https://www.airbnb.com, but on the reauth page (which contains square brackets), it doesn’t.

• Thanks for getting in touch, @1poster! We're still encountering an issue with URLs that contain square brackets, but we hope to get this fixed in an update soon. I apologize for the trouble here. Let us know if you have any questions!

ref: OPM-5278

• Almarma
    Almarma
    Community Member
    Options

It's now March 2018 and I have yet the same issue :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Almarma: Can you be more specific? I've been using AirBnb a lot this year (naturally, with 1Password) and haven't encountered issues. Unfortunately without any information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what's the URL where you're having a problem? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.