1Password Mini - Slow Performance

Options
Lawdawg
Lawdawg
Community Member

My 1Password Mini has very slow performance. If I open up the full program, this is not a problem. This is true whether I am using the Chrome extensions, Safari extension, or not using an extension at all. There isn't any one particular thing that makes it slow, but it just takes longer to do everything. My computer is top of the line (see specs), so it is not from computer performance.

Have you seen this problem? Is there something that I can do to help stop it? Or to help you debug it?

Many thanks,

Kyle

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Mini Slow

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lawdawg,

I'm sorry 1Password mini is working slowly for you!

Can you please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. After doing that, try the browser extension or mini again - is there any difference? If not, reboot your Mac and try again. Does that help at all?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I haven't responding, the problem is off-and-on. Restarting the computer does fix it, but I haven't had an opportunity to do the Troubleshooting command (been busy). I'll get back to you in a bit with that. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem, @Lawdawg! Hopefully restarting your Mac took care of the problem, but if it keeps coming back shortly after rebooting, please let us know (and also try restarting mini to see if that helps). Cheers! :)

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member
    Options

FYI - it started slowing down again, and I did the restart process and it started working like a charm. Would there be a possiblity of getting a key mapped to that function?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lawdawg,

There's no keyboard shortcut to restart 1Password mini, but you shouldn't need to restart it very often. It sounds like restarting either 1Password mini or rebooting your Mac helps for a while, but then mini starts to slow down again after a while? If so, can you please elaborate on what happens / what you see? Does "slow performance" refer to a lag when typing your master password in mini, or the time it takes for the unlock animation to complete, or something else? Does it gradually become slower the longer you use it, or does it suddenly go from working well to working slowly, and seems to keep working at the same slow pace after that? Does the main app continue to work normally even while mini is acting slow?

Anything details you can tell us to help describe the problem will be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'm waiting till the problem pops-up to get back to you with these details. It has happened since you have written this, but it is often when I'm working and don't have time to check it out. Either way, I'll get back.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! Whenever you have the chance, just let us know. :)

• shrff
    shrff
    Community Member
    Options

We have this problem with slowness when starting up a Mac in our studio. Every morning, a member of staff comes in, boots up their iMac and tries to login to a website with the Safari extension. The staff member puts their password in and it just hangs for a while. If you open the main 1Password app, it comes up with an error about connecting to 1Password mini eventually.

It was doing this in on El Capitan so we decided to update the Mac to Sierra and 1Password to 6.7.1. Issue still persists. Is it something to do with syncing to iCloud?

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @shrff! Thanks for letting us know about this. Let's take a closer look at what might be happening. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from one of the Macs that's slow? Create the report when the app is being slow, or right after, and send it over.

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.