Back button doesn't work to exit Options area [Fixed in 6.5 beta 1]

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After latest update, when I go into the Options are from the main window, the Back button at the top is unresponsive and clicking it does not close the Options window. If I close the main 1Password window from the top-right X, and reopen it, it's fine, I'm just unable to exit back to the main screen from the Back button (though I prefer this looked more like a button and said "Close Options" or something instead of Back--but that's a feature request not a bug report, and if it's not working who care what it says :-)

1Password Version: 6.4.379d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro x64
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Dszp,

Thanks for reporting this, it's been a while. I hope you're doing well.

I'm not able to reproduce this, does it matter which area of Options you're in (Security, General, etc?)? The reason I ask is that in Security, we have special code that runs to check for SGX compatibility before enabling the option.

The entire Options view is probably going to be redesigned in the future and we'll certainly take your suggestion under advisement.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I have not restarted 1Password since finding this issue. However, it's repeatable within the session. I can open Options and the Back button is instantly inoperable. It registers clicks (darker on mouseover and even darker while depressed (I mean, being darker while depressed makes sense :-D )) but it has no effect. Changing to any other section doesn't do anything, the only way I seem to be able to close options is to close the whole window and reopen from the tray icon. I've tried all the sections--General, Security, Browsers, Network, Update, and Advanced. I can send a diag report if you want, and/or I can close the app and restart it. No idea if that'll fix it, didn't want to move too fast since it's not really affecting me too much, I just open Options once every day or two to check for updates (I know it tells me automatically after a while, but I'm a bit over-obsessive...).

I also have noticed that the domain exceptions aren't actually preventing the autosave popup on excepted domains again, which was working for a while and then stopped again (on beta extension), but I know I'm being bad and reporting a completely different issue on the same thread. If it keeps up I'll try to remember to open a new thread.

And I am doing well, thanks Mike, hope you've also been well! Just been quite busy at home and work--I never seem to be able to maintain long-term activity in almost any online forum, tends to go in spurts. But I do keep coming back from time to time here, which is more than most places, so I guess as long as you all keep adding bugs I'll keep coming back around :-D

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dszp,

I wonder if it is a refresh issue with a large database. When you go back, it does trigger a database reload that will be removed in a future update. Could it be that?

Please do send us your diagnostics report and can you record the time of you clicking on Back for us to review in the report.

Thanks!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I just emailed the report to support+beta@agilebits.com and I got a reply with a bunch of self-help links but no BitBot ID or anything. Oh wait, I clicked the little arrow in Gmail to see more header details and it does show [#MDW-11472-916] added to the subject. Might be a good idea to throw that in the body as well, or has your system changed significantly since I last emailed?

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @dszp,

We added more autoresponders because we are currently overwhelmed by our email support volume. We're making some adjustments tomorrow to clean it up, make sure the ones for the forum folks do not get that general auto-responder but instead, the previous one with the support ID in the body.

I've found your email and will reply. Thanks!

ref: MDW-11472-916

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    Options

Not intending to hijack the thread, but I do want to confirm that I saw this same issue with 378 on one of several systems, and now again with 380 (the back button not working from Options). The database is not huge with ~1000 items over 3 accounts (family, personal, teams). If you're looking for additional support logs from an affected system, let me know.

• @jhamer That might be helpful. I've tried reproducing this as well but had no luck so far.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

Alex

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    Options

Submitted diag reports from two separate systems experiencing the behavior. Hope it helps - let me know if you need more info.

[#WBU-98837-486]

Thank you!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also seeing this in the most recent 6.4 build. Launching a fresh copy of 1Password is the workaround.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kop48: Thanks for letting us know! We'll get to the bottom of this!

@jhamer: Appreciated! I'm not able to reproduce it here, so being able to look at the diagnostics will hopefully shed some light on things so we can get it fixed.

ref: WBU-98837-486

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Could this be related to antivirus software? Mine was complaining about 1password.sgx.exe when I was opening the options https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75955/f-secure-deepguard-complains-about-1password-sgx-exe#latest

• @Manaburner I'm sure it's unrelated, 1password.sgx.exe was introduced quite some time ago, but we started to receive reports of that stubborn Back button just few builds ago. Unfortunately we are still having hard time in reproducing it, for some reason it just works as it was for the last year+. But we know it happens on your and others machines, so the bug hunting is in progress.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

I've managed to figure out how to reproduce this consistently, we'll get it fixed soon.

It has to do with opening the main app via 1Password mini's Settings > Show 1Password first.

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Yes, @MikeT, I think you're right. When exit 1P and launch fresh from start menu the back button does work. In my case, right-clicking on mini toolbar icon and choosing Open 1Password app breaks the back button. Nice find.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Likewise, thanks for your willingness to troubleshoot this with us. We'll get this fixed. :)

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@MikeT and @brenty (whoever wants it :-) I'm getting the issue now on the very latest beta (6.5.385d) after right-clicking the task bar icon and using Open 1Password app, not just from Mini. However, it is consistent that if I open the app and unlock, I can go to Options and Back out just fine repeatedly. But as soon as I close the main window and reopen from the task bar right-click menu, then go to Options, Back stops working (doesn't matter if I close and reopen the same way, I seem to have to restart the app for Back to work in options again). I don't generally open from the Mini options as it's not been available there long enough to develop any habits :-)

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @dszp,

Thanks for letting us know, the right-click menu reuses the same command to open the main 1Password app and it is part of 1Password mini as well. So, it makes sense it would trigger this as well.

We will fix this as a part of a wider UI optimization plan we're working on.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I have also been getting this problem since 6.4.380.

Is there anyway that 1Password can load the main app when you double click the icon and the mini version when you single click? or have an option which you prefer as I don't want to use the mini one very often

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Spaldo,

Thank you for chipping in! :+1:

We will definitely fix this issue in one the future updates. I will also make sure to pass your suggestion along to our team, so we could discuss it. We are constantly improving 1Password 6. :) Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed working again in 395 from all entry points. Thank you

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and thanks for confirming it.

This discussion has been closed.