Forum bookmarks broken?

Options
TheDave
TheDave
Community Member

I'm not sure if there is a better place to post this, but the forums bookmarks seem to be a bit broken. In the toolbar I see "10" beside my bookmarks, this increases to 11 if I bookmark another thread, and decreases if I remove that bookmark, so I assume that this is the count of bookmarked threads.

However, I can't see any of them (unless I add an 11th, then I see only 1).

Is this an indication my forum account is messed up, or perhaps a bunch of old content was hidden? Is there a way to clear my bookmarks?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@TheDave,

Its just the way it is; this forum software is deeply flawed.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@TheDave,

Archived threads are not shown in the Bookmarks list. Unfortunately, they are included in the count for some reason, which causes the discrepancy. It's a bug in Vanilla Forums. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: A thread can remain active for many years as long as there is activity in it, but threads with no new activity at all for half a year get archived. This is to keep the content fresh for folks searching for it. Otherwise, Google would be sending folks to very old and outdated information. (That's exactly why we instituted the archive policy in the first place. The old threads were confusing folks and doing more harm than good.)

This discussion has been closed.