Invalid Login Information error after upgrade

Options
oswaldt
oswaldt
Community Member

My sister is using 1password with a family account on her mac air. She wound up trying to update 1password but seems to have gotten two versions of 1password. Once she did the update she was no longer able to login on any device. After talking with her I reset her password and we uninstalled her apps on her iphone and ipad. That got her back in on those two devices...she is also able to use the web interface from her laptop, just no mac app love.

On her laptop she had two entries in her applications folder for 1password. We used appcleaner to delete them and she reinstalled the app store version. She got an "Invalid Login Information" error. We then went into launchpad, deleted the app, reinstalled it but still got the same error. She's verified that she only has one version on her computer, that she's typing everything right (had her husband do it as well), and that she's now using the app store version.

Any ideas? Really need some help on this...

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oswaldt - Thanks for getting in touch with us. So it sounds like the Master Password works on the web interface, which is good news. I think you might be able to recover on the laptop by starting over and signing into her account. In case you can't seem to get this to work on the laptop, please contact us and I'll be happy to work with you and look into the details of your issue. :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.