Problems installing app on new iPad

Options
jonmeier59
jonmeier59
Community Member

I have a family license. This was recently confirmed when you sent me info for my Family License for 1Password 6 via email. I have tried to use this information when installing the app on our new iPad. When we get to the page asking for 1) sign-in address; 2) email address; 3) account key; and 4) master password, I dutifully fill out the info as follows: 1) my; 2) my email address associated with the account; 3) the long account key that appears when I click on the license info in the email that you recently sent; and 4) our master password. The message I get is that the account key is not valid. I have tried using just the numbers and dashes in the account key and I have tried it with my name in front as it appears in the license info you sent. Neither works. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help!

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: None?

Comments

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @jonmeier59,

Since you are using a family 1Password account your sign-in address will actually not be my.1password.com.

Family and team accounts each have their own unique web address on 1Password.com. If you don’t know yours:

1. Go to https://start.1password.com/signin
    2. Click “Don’t know your sign-in address?”
    3. Enter the email address associated with your 1Password account. If you have multiple email addresses, try each of them.

Once you have the correct sign-in address, you should be able to get this set up.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• rudy
    edited March 2017
    Options

@jonmeier59,

You're going to want to pick a different option in the first run screen on your iOS device. You need to pick Dropbox, iCloud or Create standalone vault. That said, your license has no applicability to the iOS version at all. The Pro Features In App Purchase on iOS is completely separate from any license you've purchased for your Mac/PC.

Alternatively, you could sign up for a 1Password.com family account as @firebeyer suggests. As I think you'll find that the data synchronization available with that account will be far superior to any of the other sync options.

Rudy

• jonmeier59
    jonmeier59
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I managed to figure out that I did indeed have dropbox sync and so this is the door through which I was able to get 1Password on iOS devices. I don't know much about family accounts (I guess I only have a family license). Is there any additional charge? Would everyone on the family account have to share the same passwords or could individual family members have their own vaults or ways to keep their passwords private? I know these are basic questions.

• rudy
    Options

@jonmeier59,

1Password.com accounts are a subscription based service, so it would replace the prior license all together and does have a recurring fee.

Each family member would have a separate vault that only they can see, as well as access to a shared vault that the whole family can access.

The other key feature worth mentioning is that if a family member forgets their master password or account key, members of the family in the "organizer's" group have the ability to put that particular family member's account into a recovery mode so they can get back into their vault.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.