Browser extensions after move from 1PW4 to 1PW6

Options

I have installed 1PW6 on my Windows laptop but have not yet removed 1PW4. I am trying to get the browser extensions in Chrome and Firefox to connect to the account vault and not the local vault. How do I do this or have I got to remove the local vault for it to happen?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chili_palmer,

Thanks for writing in.

Please read this guide on how to make this happen.

• qdiddycane
    qdiddycane
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar, but different issue. I have 1password4 and it appears my browser extensions have been forced to upgrade to 1password6? I would like to stay with 1password4 and want my old extension back. I have been broken now and cannot do anything? Are you forcing me to a cloud-based account now? If so, please tell me so I can explore other options.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @qdiddycane,

Thanks for writing in. We're going to update the article soon but for now, disable the Native Messaging support in 1Password 6, so that you could use 1Password 4 with the Chrome extension. You can do this in 1Password 6's Settings > Options > Advanced.

1Password extension for Chrome was updated recently to support Native Messaging and this is the primary connection protocol we're going to use from now on. However, only 1Password 6 support this, so that's why it connected there first.

If you disable it in 1Password 6, it'll fall back to websocket and in this case, 1Password 4 can work as well.

PS: Please try not to duplicate your post in other threads, it makes it harder for us to help you directly. I've deleted the other post, so we can help you here.

This discussion has been closed.