To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account key not working

Options

Hello. I have my account key but when I use it to access 1P on a new device, it says it is incorrect. How can I fix this?

Best

Martyn

1Password Version: 1P6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mister_Martyn2014 - Thanks for getting in touch! :)

I wasn't able to locate your account - at least no under the email address you used to sign up for the forum. I see that you bought 1Password license a couple of years back, so I'm assuming that you don't have an account with our 1Password.com subscription service, but instead you're using a standalone license (which does not require an account key). For the differences between a subscription and a license, please see this article.

In case you were looking for your license key, you can retrieve it here.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. :)

• Lisa_Poole
    Lisa_Poole
    Community Member
    Options

I have a standalone license. I am trying to set up 1password a new andriod phone.

It wants my "sign in address" What is that if it isn't my personal email?
    It wants my "email address" I of coarse have that.
    It wants my Account key. I put my single license account key in and it says it is wrong

How do I get this set up?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Lisa_Poole - Sorry for the confusion. The "sign in address" and "Secret Key" pertain to our 1Password memberships Since you're using a standalone license, you want to select Dropbox from the setup screen - as long as you're using Dropbox as a sync source on your computer. Once you select Dropbox, you will then enter your master password before the data syncs over. Let us know if you have any additional questions :+1:

• Lisa_Poole
    Lisa_Poole
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help Frank. That was a lot of time spent on my part trying to figure this out.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Lisa_Poole - You're very welcome and I'm glad that helped. Sorry about the time. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're always more than happy to help out. I hope you enjoy using 1Password on your Android phone :smile:

This discussion has been closed.